Train Fan

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:23 am

Soz for the uuber bump, but this thread was the one that made me join the forum, so I was wondering how it was going. :oops:

jerrylovessirens

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:57 am

Jospeh was unemployed for quite awhile. He is a heavy equipment operator by trade. He finally found a job helping to hot roll pavement. He is taking as many hours as he can get (lots of bills to pay, as you could understand). So he has very little extra time and money to work on any big projects. The Mobil Directo is sitting in his storage shed right now. He still wants to fully restore it! Just no time.

Mantis

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:35 pm

jerrylovessirens wrote:Jospeh was unemployed for quite awhile. He is a heavy equipment operator by trade. He finally found a job helping to hot roll pavement. He is taking as many hours as he can get (lots of bills to pay, as you could understand). So he has very little extra time and money to work on any big projects. The Mobil Directo is sitting in his storage shed right now. He still wants to fully restore it! Just no time.
Yes, life does have to come before hobbies. Well, if any progress does get done make sure to post back and let us know!

Train Fan

Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:04 pm

jerrylovessirens wrote:Jospeh was unemployed for quite awhile. He is a heavy equipment operator by trade. He finally found a job helping to hot roll pavement. He is taking as many hours as he can get (lots of bills to pay, as you could understand). So he has very little extra time and money to work on any big projects. The Mobil Directo is sitting in his storage shed right now. He still wants to fully restore it! Just no time.
Ok. I do understand this, as my dad is in the same pinch.

Well, thanks for the update. :D

Rheems1

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Generally I hate people who bump old topics, but in this case I think that is one of the best bumps on the board.... I had forgotten all about the gas powered Mobil-Directo and am excited to hear about it again... please keep us posted on the progress and how things are going!!

YvanEhtNioj

Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:25 am

This is pretty cool. Kudos to you for taking the incentive and restoring such a rare beast.
"Mix a little foolishness with your prudence: It's good to be silly at the right moment." -Horace

jerrylovessirens

Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:13 am

Do not thank me... Thank Joseph for having a keen eye to save it before the building was imploded underneath it!!! It is his. I am only the photographer!

Jim Z

Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:18 am

YvanEhtNioj wrote:This is pretty cool. Kudos to you for taking the incentive and restoring such a rare beast.
+1 for your username.

weasel2htm
YouTube Username: weasel2htm

Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:23 am

Jim Z wrote:
YvanEhtNioj wrote:This is pretty cool. Kudos to you for taking the incentive and restoring such a rare beast.
+1 for your username.
+1 of JimZ to notice that.

Train Fan

Re: Restoring a Gasoline Mobil Directo!

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:33 am

'Nother necro, as its been 2 years. :E

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”