Mark N
Supporter
Supporter

Any sirens in Lee, Massachusetts?

Sun May 18, 2014 4:17 pm

Hey guys and gals. Friday I'm going to the amusement park in Lee, Massachusetts for the annual "Trills and Thrills" that our school band participates in. Is Lee near Springfield? Maybe I can photograph the Mobil Directos there. If I do, I'll post them below. Thanks!

MrTBolt

Re: Any sirens in Lee, Massachusetts?

Sun May 18, 2014 6:59 pm

Lee is a small town about 36 miles NW of Springfield. It isn't right near Springfield, so unless you are going into the city, it's not really close to Lee. I believe there to be a siren on top of Station 2 of the Lee Fire Dept. at Pleasant and Church Streets. I too play in my school's band, and band trips are always fun! Have fun in Lee!
A personal fan of Mobil-Directos and Thunderbolts

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Sun May 18, 2014 8:03 pm

At the fire headquarters on Main St across from the bus station there's the only Thunderbeam in New England (that I know of) in their tower. Not too sure if it's still active or not.
Proud owner of a 2T, 5, M-5, 1000 Head, 7T, 3T22, and a single toned 2

Mark N
Supporter
Supporter

Sun May 18, 2014 8:31 pm

MrTBolt wrote:Lee is a small town about 36 miles NW of Springfield. It isn't right near Springfield, so unless you are going into the city, it's not really close to Lee. I believe there to be a siren on top of Station 2 of the Lee Fire Dept. at Pleasant and Church Streets. I too play in my school's band, and band trips are always fun! Have fun in Lee!
Huh. I remember Lee being a suburban area. Is it part of a city? Also, the amusement park is Six Flags New England if that helps. Thanks! I hope to enjoy it!

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Sun May 18, 2014 10:30 pm

Mark N wrote: Also, the amusement park is Six Flags New England if that helps. Thanks! I hope to enjoy it!
That's in Agawam, which is very close to Springfield. Agawam itself has no sirens so you won't see any near Six Flags. You'll also be fairly close to Holyoke (short drive up I-91) which has the infamous Super Sirex at The Wherehouse? banquet hall. You'll also spot one of Springfield's Mobile Directos stop a building from I-91 near the Basketball hall of fame. You'll also be close to the CT line, so if you don't mind a short detour there's plenty of towns by the MA line that have active sirens. Lee is in the northwest part of the state.
Proud owner of a 2T, 5, M-5, 1000 Head, 7T, 3T22, and a single toned 2

Mark N
Supporter
Supporter

Sun May 18, 2014 11:44 pm

Oh d'uh! How stupid of me. Thanks 3t22, I couldv'e sworn it was near Springfield. Thanks guys!

Allenorgan42099

Tue May 20, 2014 12:32 am

Yes. There is the Thunderbeam. There is also a Model 5/7 (could be a T) atop the South Lee Fire Station and a Model 3 on Willow Mill in South Lee.

Mark N
Supporter
Supporter

Sun May 25, 2014 1:15 pm

For what it's worth, here was the best picture I could take of an MD in Springfield (the bus was fast, and I didn't even notice it at first). This now makes me wonder-where are the other MDs, and is it the same deal as LA with removals?
Attachments
image.jpg

Lily D
YouTube Username: Sirens in New England

Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:16 am

3t22 wrote:At the fire headquarters on Main St across from the bus station there's the only Thunderbeam in New England (that I know of) in their tower. Not too sure if it's still active or not.
It's an active fire siren.
Proud owner of a B&M 6GA general alarm siren.
Proud fire buff and siren enthusiast!

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: Brendan Williamson
Discord: Brendan W.#7026

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:19 pm

I beg your pardon, but where exactly in the picture is the siren Mark?
24, and not dead yet.
Registered Skywarn spotter as of 4/29/18
Formerly TboltFan[/i]

Return to “Community Systems”