YouTube Username: Evan Vander Stoep
Discord: EvanVS#5790

Re: Trojan Nuclear Power Plant Siren Article

Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:06 am

SirensOfAustralia wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:30 am
Model L wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:59 am
i do not believe the sirens in cannon beach came from trojan. however, there are/were quite a few others. both model 5's and the model 2 in rockaway beach are 100% confirmed to have come from the trojan nuclear power plant. Along the nestucca river, a system of Ex-trojan model 2's warn of flooding caused by a dam failure. there are likely more sirens from trojan that are along the coast that have not been confirmed yet.
ah so where did canon beach 3016s come from then?
Wheelen sirens in cannon beach were provided by an interesting installer who had an excess of wheelen parts. That's why there is the duel head WPS 3016 and the quad head Hornet (WS400H) exist. They are custom built by the installer.
Evan Vander Stoep
Radio Communications Technician
Researcher of Yamaha Music Sirens

YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/EvanVanderStoep
Discord: EvanVS#5790 (Best Contact Method)

Bijay
YouTube Username: 5ijay

Re: Trojan Nuclear Power Plant Siren Article

Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:51 pm

SirensOfAustralia wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:40 am
hate to bump but I read a paragraph somewhere and some sirens were re-purposed along the coast as tsunami sirens, anybody know what ones were re-purposed? I'm assuming canon beach repurposed their 3016s since one looks brown but I have many doubts to that since those had newer rotators compared to the early 80s rotators like the ones in Longview and kelso have.
The only confirmed sirens that PGE had sold from the Trojan Nuclear Power Plant to be repurposed were Model 2s and Model 5s, and as Model L mentioned, the only place that ever had a large system of Ex-Trojan units was the entirety of Tillamook County

For the color : Evan also had mentioned it earlier that the color of a siren is a very unreliable way of trying to confirm of the siren being Ex-(whatever). It is the unique characteristic (if any) it inherits.
Holler!
Bijay/chefiBG
Your unlocal PNW resident!

Email : [email protected]

Return to “Community Systems”