SiroRailfan

YouTube Username: Trains N' Stuff

Re: Stevenson, Washington's Thunderbolt

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Hood River also has an STL-10 at a fire department north of town.
Musician, railfan, and photographer over here!

~Tobias

coastalsyrolover

Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:03 am

Daniel know many locations here. Always a pleasure! Daniel do they still have that screamer in... canyon city? And to the other guy: first off man I’m not a moderator but that’s not appropriate. The sirens weren’t put there for tornadoes or for tsunamis as Yakima gets neither anywhere near often enough justify having them sound. So instead they sound this extremely loud (louder than most sirens in fact,) machine capable of causing mass panic, causing hearing loss, can be heard from miles away, shakes the ground and what have you... because the city is trying to preserve the history for special events and heck, the city even grants them permission to do it in the first place! I can’t set mine off full blast anywhere near a city without contacting a city with sirens first or risking having it confiscated. Leaving my political opinion out of it (because I don’t think that’s appropriate for the board,) I think they are doing the right thing in this case. Sirens are awesome but they also have a purpose, to warn people. And people know that everywhere.
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

SamtheSirenMan(531)

Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:00 am

So that map that I use, https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 33177&z=15 , claims the 1003 has been REMOVED! If someone could confirm(or preferably debunk) this, that would be amazing as I am going on a trip to mount hood soon and would love to try and see this siren. There is nothing in the map about the author, so no one to contact and it doesn’t state the date of “removal” but a lot of the posts on this thread seem semi recent, so hopefully someone will know.
Siren enthusiast of about three to four years, one of the few siren YouTubers of Oregon
Owner of a partially screwed 1969 STH-10 and a few other small sirens
Oregon State Siren Map V. 2
Email(best contact method): [email protected]

Purring Cat
YouTube Username: Purring Cat

Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:47 am

I doubt it's still active. The rotator faces the same way in both google maps aerial and street view.

coastalsyrolover

Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:41 am

This siren is not active. The OP and I (while on a train outing) stopped and saw it. It is rotated a different way but that’s been confirmed to be the wind. However, once they build the new station, they’re talking about putting her back in service.
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Return to “Community Systems”