hbyton
New User

Sutton Bridge siren

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:20 pm

Hi all,

I was in Sutton bridge (England) a few weeks ago and heard a siren through the window for a few seconds which was to indicate high tide, pleasantly surprised as the sirens in surrounding areas have been decommissioned (I have one in my bedroom!) Does anybody know where exactly how many sirens there are in Sutton bridge and also where exactly is it located? I'd love to go over (lockdown permitting) and watch whilst it is being tested.

Harry.

HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Re: Sutton Bridge siren

Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:30 pm

hbyton wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:20 pm
Hi all,

I was in Sutton bridge (England) a few weeks ago and heard a siren through the window for a few seconds which was to indicate high tide, pleasantly surprised as the sirens in surrounding areas have been decommissioned (I have one in my bedroom!) Does anybody know where exactly how many sirens there are in Sutton bridge and also where exactly is it located? I'd love to go over (lockdown permitting) and watch whilst it is being tested.

Harry.
Try this: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... A4pwwtCzhH
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

hbyton
New User

Re: Sutton Bridge siren

Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:45 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the link, it is most useful. The map is showing sutton docks and appears to be near or on top of a building. Unfortunately after a few hours searching both streetview and youtube videos of the area I am still unable to locate the siren. I know that it is definitely there somewhere so fingers crossed I will be able to spot it soon.

Return to “Community Systems”