Stag
YouTube Username: Spaghetti Jay

4th Joplin former Allertor location

Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:12 pm

In my spare time I've made it a habit to visit all the 2001-130 locations in Joplin and try to see if it at one point replaced something else. Not surprisingly it turns out in the past the area's system was a lot more diverse, and recently I managed to figure out an approximate location of a 4th of the mysterious old Allertors.
On all maps of the area I've been able to find there have consistently been 3 former locations noticed, 1 on Hearnes Boulevard, 1 in Royal Heights in front of an elementary school (this one is not visible on google maps, probably was replaced before 2007) and one downtown on Memorial Hall.

The 4th I've found here is located on 1098 E 22nd St behind a church parking lot, it's pretty interesting, it might be the clearest street view image I've ever found depicting one of these sirens.
You can see it here: https://goo.gl/maps/NkiBmMtLv3dwEiGF7
This area was ground zero of the major tornado that passed through so the area is completely unrecognizable in current days. This siren was probably replaced before that happened however and as of right now a 2001 stands across the street from this location.

The area once had a pretty interesting and diverse system consisting of at least 4 Allertors, the one on Memorial Hall was supposedly an 8/12 port. I'm also aware of 3 former Thunderbolt locations in Webb City, 1 former P-50 location (on street view you can see the holes in the ground where the dual pole set up was removed in 2013 but no further back), 4 former Thunderbeam locations and 1 former Vortex location.

Something else I want to share before I wrap this up, the way I found this one was by looking through the previous years on street view and searching the surrounding area when a current 2001 installation isn't present in 2007. I have found only 1 other location where this is the case other than this 22nd street location, and I haven't been able to see any older models around myself. There might not be anything but if anyone wants to try and look around the area themselves, you can find that spot here: https://goo.gl/maps/UcbhF1MNbXYWDpsh8
sincerely yours, a weird siren obsessed deer 🦌

jacob585
YouTube Username: SouthMissouriSirens
Discord: MidMissouriSirens#9512

Re: 4th Joplin former Allertor location

Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:33 pm

Stag wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:12 pm
In my spare time I've made it a habit to visit all the 2001-130 locations in Joplin and try to see if it at one point replaced something else. Not surprisingly it turns out in the past the area's system was a lot more diverse, and recently I managed to figure out an approximate location of a 4th of the mysterious old Allertors.
On all maps of the area I've been able to find there have consistently been 3 former locations noticed, 1 on Hearnes Boulevard, 1 in Royal Heights in front of an elementary school (this one is not visible on google maps, probably was replaced before 2007) and one downtown on Memorial Hall.

The 4th I've found here is located on 1098 E 22nd St behind a church parking lot, it's pretty interesting, it might be the clearest street view image I've ever found depicting one of these sirens.
You can see it here: https://goo.gl/maps/NkiBmMtLv3dwEiGF7
This area was ground zero of the major tornado that passed through so the area is completely unrecognizable in current days. This siren was probably replaced before that happened however and as of right now a 2001 stands across the street from this location.

The area once had a pretty interesting and diverse system consisting of at least 4 Allertors, the one on Memorial Hall was supposedly an 8/12 port. I'm also aware of 3 former Thunderbolt locations in Webb City, 1 former P-50 location (on street view you can see the holes in the ground where the dual pole set up was removed in 2013 but no further back), 4 former Thunderbeam locations and 1 former Vortex location.

Something else I want to share before I wrap this up, the way I found this one was by looking through the previous years on street view and searching the surrounding area when a current 2001 installation isn't present in 2007. I have found only 1 other location where this is the case other than this 22nd street location, and I haven't been able to see any older models around myself. There might not be anything but if anyone wants to try and look around the area themselves, you can find that spot here: https://goo.gl/maps/UcbhF1MNbXYWDpsh8
Do you have an existing map of the former locations you've hunted down in the Joplin/Webb City area? I could use them for my Missouri map as I record past locations and installs on there too. I've done a similar thing trying to hunt down old Jefferson City Locations and have been quite successful.
I'm Jacob Ulrich or MidMissouriSirens on youtube.

My Missouri Siren Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 57595&z=10

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Re: 4th Joplin former Allertor location

Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:44 am

That Allertor setup looks suspiciously like some out in Texas...
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

Return to “Community Systems”