Mason Mattei

YouTube Username: EASsirenVids 01

Fairfield County, OH Sirens

Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:56 pm

So recently, I was driving around in Lancaster. I drove by a Vortex, and to my surprise, it had been replaced with a Federal Signal Equinox! The siren is at a high school, and the controls were mounted really low. This means that the high school kids could, and did vandalize the siren. They at one point ripped a whole piece of conduit out of the control box or something, I don't know how. Wires broke. Long story short, siren stopped working due to vandalism. Unfortunately, they mounted the controls low again, and it already has a scratch. (The siren was first spotted 2 weeks ago). The siren's power switch is still turned off, and I am not sure when it will be turned on.

Fletch

Re: Fairfield County, OH Sirens

Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:18 pm

A lot of the Fairfield County sirens originally came from Lake County, OH. That's about all I know.

C0mmanche

YouTube Username: Vyclops

Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:20 pm

They should put up a "Smile, you're on camera!" sticker on the control box lol.
wee woo liker
not near any sirens
how did i get here
:shock:
i see everyone talk about how they own 8375839 thunderbolts in here but i don't own any sirens

Mason Mattei

YouTube Username: EASsirenVids 01

Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:27 pm

Fletch wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:18 pm
A lot of the Fairfield County sirens originally came from Lake County, OH. That's about all I know.
Yeah, basically all of the 3016's came from Perry Nuclear's old system. One time while I was up there I spotted a remaining 3016 next to an Equinox, but then I drove by again a week later, and it was just the Equinox. Not sure why that happened. Almost all the sirens in Fairfield County's system are 3016's. There is a legacy system siren remaining in Thurston, OH, and Lithopolis, OH. The one in Thurston is a Model 5, and the one in Lithopolis is a very sick Model 2 that breaks a lot. There is also a Sentry 7V8 in Bremen, but I am unsure if that was part of the legacy system.
Last edited by Mason Mattei on Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Community Systems”