Powerhouse8611

YouTube Username: Henry Lombard-Hughes

ACA sirens in foreign countries

Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:30 pm

Hello all, I would like to receive information on some ACA sirens in foreign countries. In the 1979 ACA promotional video, Jim Biersach states "ACA sirens are installed in Mexico, Taiwan, South Africa, Oman, and by the U.S. Army in Vietnam." I am specifically looking for sirens in Mexico, Oman and Jordan, but any other countries are welcome. (Jordan is not mentioned in the video but somebody told me the possibility of ACA sirens being there). If anybody can share any information, it would be most appreciated.
From the PNW, home of a diverse variety of sirens and railroads.

TheMOCingBird

YouTube Username: armoturo
Discord: .armoturo (include the period)

Re: ACA sirens in foreign countries

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:19 am

IIRC a coded Hurricane was sent to Klaxon South Africa which dealt ACA sirens. Not sure what happened to it, I think it was just a demo model. Not sure about any installed sirens in South Africa. As for Taiwan, they have very weird Cyclone style sirens that I don't think are ACA, but the fact that they did ship sirens there is a bit strange. Those things are weird, they even have single-tone "Cyclones." Also, in the UK there were some ACA omnis such as Banshee 115s, Screamers, and apparently a Cyclone.
Proud owner of an ACA Hurricane, B&M Model 10, Darley Model 5, Siracode Navy siren, and more

Let's see Paul Allen's Fedelcode.

uncommonsense

Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:02 am

TheMOCingBird wrote:
IIRC a coded Hurricane was sent to Klaxon South Africa which dealt ACA sirens. Not sure what happened to it, I think it was just a demo model. Not sure about any installed sirens in South Africa. As for Taiwan, they have very weird Cyclone style sirens that I don't think are ACA, but the fact that they did ship sirens there is a bit strange. Those things are weird, they even have single-tone "Cyclones." Also, in the UK there were some ACA omnis such as Banshee 115s, Screamers, and apparently a Cyclone.
Receipts?

SirensAreAllIWant

YouTube Username: WSAL

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:07 am

TheMOCingBird wrote:
Taiwan's "Cyclone" sirens were built by a local company that made those sirens, they're in horrible condition and can't keep a straight pitch, with the run caps limping (as in not having enough power) on it every so often. As for the UK, I don't know if they do or not, but the Hurricane 130 that went to the now defunct Klaxon dealer, is true.

TheMOCingBird

YouTube Username: armoturo
Discord: .armoturo (include the period)

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:26 am

https://imgur.com/fDVsCxe

Thanks for making me go back, uncommonsense. This gives me a chance to correct myself, it was a yelping Hurricane sent to Klaxon.
(tell me if the link doesn't work, I've never attached anything here)
Proud owner of an ACA Hurricane, B&M Model 10, Darley Model 5, Siracode Navy siren, and more

Let's see Paul Allen's Fedelcode.

HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:18 pm

SirensAreAllIWant wrote:
TheMOCingBird wrote:
Taiwan's "Cyclone" sirens were built by a local company that made those sirens, they're in horrible condition and can't keep a straight pitch, with the run caps limping (as in not having enough power) on it every so often. As for the UK, I don't know if they do or not, but the Hurricane 130 that went to the now defunct Klaxon dealer, is true.
Is there any proof of these Cyclones being made by another company than ACA? This is the first I've heard of it and we haven't seen proof AFAIK
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

ModifiedCyclone125

YouTube Username: Consolidation1282
Discord: Consolidation1282#1282

Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:24 pm

10V2T wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:18 pm
SirensAreAllIWant wrote:
TheMOCingBird wrote:
Is there any proof of these Cyclones being made by another company than ACA? This is the first I've heard of it and we haven't seen proof AFAIK
Me too, ACA did state that they had sent units over to Taiwan. So they could be actual modified ones for the Taiwanese market, But hey I'll believe ya if you send some proof. ;)
Some guy who is interested in Taiwan's siren system as well for a few others,

Have I heard a siren? Yes, The Darley 3V8 In Columbia, CA Doing a noon blast. Do I own a siren? Sort of, A Vixen Horns Hand Crank Siren.

HX56
YouTube Username: HX56

Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:55 am

TheMOCingBird wrote:
I have word from James Biersach, in written form, confirming this. It was a once-off, prototype that he made, using DC current to slow down the chopper, making it capable of Alert, Attack, and Yelp. Apparently, overheating due to friction was not an issue because the rotor was only 8 inches in diameter. This particular unit was used as a demo to show to customers, and was sent to their Klaxon dealer's showroom in South Africa in 1971. Evidence available if wanted.
Siren Enthusiast from Australia since 2012. Designer of the KEYTROL-K4 Siren Controller.

Return to “Community Systems”