Reactor Cat
YouTube Username: mrmeowmeowclaw

Mystery siren in Eden Prairie MN

Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:38 am

So i was watching random siren videos, and i came across a weird looking P-15. But I don't thing it is a P-15 because the rotor on it is basically a tempest rotor but with p-50 functions. It also sounds weird like a electric Mobil directo. Here is a link to the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmPXtkWJm-E&t=95s
I like snowmobiles and sirens. Who likes snowmobiles. I own a Skidoo Safari 447. Rare engine indeed. Want proof. DM me on discord. Contact ReactorCat#1004 :D :)

SirensOfAustralia
YouTube Username: SirensAndTrainsDownUnder

Re: Mystery siren in Eden Prairie MN

Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:28 am

I believe these are Perf+ penetrators your looking at, this certain version of the Perf+ penetrators were an older version and was later redesigned to the final version with a PN-20 housing and a screamer motor in it
A siren enthusiast down under. :)

Proud owner of a Skil Sher Wailing Joe & Alarm Master!

Reactor Cat

Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:36 am

It could also be a beta model of assort. I read some of the comments and they where all over the place. Could it also be ACA's tempest beta model before they became ASC?
I like snowmobiles and sirens. Who likes snowmobiles. I own a Skidoo Safari 447. Rare engine indeed. Want proof. DM me on discord. Contact ReactorCat#1004 :D :)

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:01 pm

I believe that is a PP-15 (Performance Plus 15hp).

jacob585
YouTube Username: SouthMissouriSirens
Discord: MidMissouriSirens#9512

Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:44 pm

This very much looks like an ACA Howler. It's too old to be a PP-15 and the shroud and rotation mechanism almost exactly mimic a Howler.
I'm Jacob Ulrich or MidMissouriSirens on youtube.

My Missouri Siren Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 57595&z=10

Reactor Cat

Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:18 pm

It's not an ACA howler. If it was an ACA howler it would sound like a screamer and the back would be square.

uncommonsense

Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:50 pm

There was a poster quite awhile back who claimed this was a prototype of a Perf+ P-15 using an Alertronic rotator. Needless to say the single tone P-15 rotor is HEAVY and that is why it sounds like it’s dying; the batteries were running out from the motor spinning it. You notice looking at any DC mechanical now that they are all using small and lightweight rotors mated to horn systems engineered for premium amplification of the sound. That video shows why they need to be light.

The veracity of some that user’s posts have since come into question but it really does make sense for this siren. If nothing else it was an ACA experiment to make a DC mechanical.

Relevant quote from that post:
SuperBanshee wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:11 pm

Another prototypical Performance Plus Penetrator variation, using a single tone P-15's head and an Alertronic's rotator platform. This was a milk dud because the big 8 blade P-15 chopper was too much of a load for the small DC motor. This siren is now extinct as it appears Eden Prairie replaced all their old ACA sirens. Credits to Westy1962 for the video still.

Reactor Cat

Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:13 pm

To bad this rare siren has most likely been scraped

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:42 pm

jacob585 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:44 pm
This very much looks like an ACA Howler. It's too old to be a PP-15 and the shroud and rotation mechanism almost exactly mimic a Howler.
1. The ACA Howler was a 9/12 port siren.
2. The howler never came out of the factory red. The Perf+ Penetrators (exempting the PN-20) did though.

matthewwatson
YouTube Username: matt makes machines
Discord: matthew watson#6542

Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:05 am

it's coded it has 2 control panels and sounds coded when it starts i can hear a damper at https://youtu.be/hmPXtkWJm-E?t=10 and when the siren winds up in the attack signal it gets quieter for a bit https://youtu.be/hmPXtkWJm-E?t=71 then goes back to normal so im guessing it has a taller rotator because it needs more collector rings for running a damper the main motor and a second motor for the rotator.
i don't see a damper on the intake so it might have bean a coded aca allertor!
i forgot who but i heard it from but i heard aca made a coded allertor that was extremely short lived because of reliability issues due to having to many motors and parts. the coded allertor had a coding ring (basically a second partially rotating stator over the normal stator like the Yamaha music siren or the cheep hand crank sirens) on the stator instead. so im thinking this siren is most likely a coded aca allertor with a p-15 shroud with its motor struggling do to the snow and cold.
Creator of electronic toneset library (pm for details)
owner of an FCH, 2 UVs and a UV+, electrovoice 848A, MCP A400W amp, 2 200w drivers, and many home made 3D printed sirens
Future owner of an whelen vortex R3 with an ESC-2020

Return to “Mystery Sirens”