Valra Bellkeys
YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#0164

I bought a Siratrol box!

Fri May 06, 2016 7:36 am

Just tonight I bought a untested Siratrol box for only $50! Even witht he chance it own't work.. felt like a GREAT AWESOME investment.... Because heck, $50 for a siratrol? Sounds good to me! It should come on EDIT: Wednesday

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272226428239?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Last edited by Valra Bellkeys on Sat May 07, 2016 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

SoundMaster 391
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: SoundMaster 391

Re: I bought a Siratrol box!

Fri May 06, 2016 8:01 am

Nice. What are you planning on doing with it?
Owner of a Federal Enterprises Model 2, Federal Electric Model D, Sentry F2 and AR Timer
Click here for SoundMasters YouTube Channel

Valra Bellkeys

Sat May 07, 2016 1:09 am

SoundMaster 391 wrote:Nice. What are you planning on doing with it?
Well.. getting the license and stuff to remote activation and the equipment to do it would be expensive and hard.. I got it since it is a piece of a siren.. and siren history. I also want to do this.. assuming it works. It was untested. :P I just don't know how I would set it to various channels.. considering it appears you change it with knobs... So tuning to a specific frequency(such as OKC's siren activation frequency of 453.975 just to listen to it) would be hard.. with knobs..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4h8EtBbAXY
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

Valra Bellkeys

Sat May 07, 2016 2:42 am

I notice in all pics.. there is a little counter between the Siratrol and AR/AF. Is that required to hook up the Siratrol to my AR? I hope not because I can't afford it.. even though the guy is selling it for like $22. The thing I'm referring to it this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272213559796

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Sat May 07, 2016 2:46 am

Valtonus wrote:I notice in all pics.. there is a little counter between the Siratrol and AR/AF. Is that required to hook up the Siratrol to my AR? I hope not because I can't afford it.. even though the guy is selling it for like $22. The thing I'm referring to it this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272213559796
I think that is to track how many times it goes off.
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

Travis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: DL1011

Sat May 07, 2016 5:54 am

Yeah that's the cancellation counter. And no, you can't change the frequency yourself. The tones are preset from federal and it would require new modules to change the frequency.
-The Princess

elc32955
Supporter
Supporter

Mon May 09, 2016 6:14 am

Yep, according to the nameplate from the EBAY item that's a low-band unit. You're not going to get that receiver to UHF without a forklift upgrade. You are limited to probably a small band segment (probably 42-50 MHZ) with that receiver board. If you DID want to change frequencies within the capability of the board you'd have to order a replacement crystal for the frequency you wanted, unsolder the old and solder in the new, then align the receiver with a service monitor, or a RF signal generator and appropriate voltmeter to dip/peak as necessary. And use the proper tuning tools. Now, if you're a ham radio operator you MIGHT be able to get the board into the 6-meter band (54 MHZ), although I'm not quite sure what you could switch with it there...

Eric
Brevard County EM - retired (31 years govt. service), it's mid-point career change time! Also system operator of http://www.newcaprice.com, the support site for privately owned Caprice PPV's.

Valra Bellkeys

Mon May 09, 2016 8:52 pm

My Siratrol came2 days early! I will post pics soon if I can!

I'm going to message the seller and ask if he knows where this came from.

Valra Bellkeys

Tue May 10, 2016 12:20 am

I got a reply. The seller said "Hi. This is from Spokane County (Spokane, Wa). I have complete systems but have been parting them out because certain parts are wanted. Thanks." I'm guessing this isn't directly from that town, but rather some town within the county, since the only siren I know of in Spokane is a couple of Chryslers.

Valra Bellkeys

Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:56 am

Update! I bought the back board to hold my AR and Siratrol together! I also bought the counter! Should be here Wednesday-Thursday.

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”