Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Sparton Model 35

Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:33 pm

Hey again!

A few months ago I scored something that no other enthusiast has owned yet (to my knowledge); a Sparks Withington Model 35! It's essentially something very similar to a Federal Model D or my Interstate Machines Model F (even sharing the same chopper size!), with notable differences. Here are some images and a video of it below!

Here are some pictures of the disassembly. Unfortunately, I had to go back to college, so the restoration hasn't happened yet. The siren was cleaned out (the rotor had a BUNCH of cotton or whatever in it...from wherever it served in Florida...)
Shroud parts removed, not showing the base
Motor/chopper core...I wasn't able to figure out how to disconnect the motor; it seems it's a solid cast piece or something!
Sparton Core compared with my Interstate Core

Finally, Here's a video of it running. I seated the brushes after reassembly, and she SCREAMS even higher now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZIxbGNeasg

Enjoy!
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
24, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

TrainsAndSirens1
YouTube Username: TrainsAndSirens1

Re: Sparton Model 35

Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:43 pm

Nice siren.
Owner of a -130, Modulator 6048, B-Series 1003,1000B, 3016, STH-10B, Little Giant, two 5As, 2, 2T, Model B9, 2 Model Ds, 4 Model As, Faraday Type 2, OC-9, 2 AR Timers, other. Skywarn Spotter.
https://youtube.com/user/TrainsAndSirens1

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”