Whelen Rules

What kind of siren/ speaker is this

Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:10 am

What kind of siren is this found at the top most right corner of this page http://www.sirens-for-cities.org/siren_photos.htm

It looks like mabe an early model ATI?
Tyler Lund

SirenMadness

Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:14 am

I remember it said to being called a MasterBlaster, as I remember it. Someone pointed that out on the old board.
~ Peter Radanovic

Melvin Potts

What Kind of Siren or Speaker is This?

Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:44 am

Tyler:

Ed Wise(Sirens For Cities) once told me that there are a few of these in Henry County, GA. I don't recall him mentioning a manufacturer.
Henry County is on south side of the metro Atlanta area.

There is one of these on the grounds of Dobbins Air Force Base in Marietta, GA. It can be seen from Cobb Parkway as you pass the base. Getting onto the base and getting a photo of it would be impossible.

The Dobbins siren(or whatever it is) can be more easily seen if you're going south on Cobb Parkway(US 41), because the base is on the right when headed that way.

MattDean1003

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:28 am

I spoke with the gentleman that makes these sirens a while back. I can't remember the name of the company, but they are privately made and can be spotted as low as Hampton and Mcdonough, GA. I've seen a few of them on the way to Atlanta Motor Speedway. He seemed quite excited that his sirens were featured on Ed's website. I'm google-ing some searches for privately owned siren manufacturers in GA as we speak, will post if I find.

-Matt Dean-

40V2T22

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:07 pm

The model name of that siren is a MasterBlaster ES400. There is one in Tulsa used as a bell system for a church.

Adam Pollak
YouTube Username: CrazySirenBoy

Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:48 pm

There is one of those in Tifton, GA and some other scattered around the lower 1/3 of the state.

Whelen Rules

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:43 am

Cool. Does any one know who I may be able to contact for more information or might somebody know the dB rating, tones that this can produce? I assume it can be a PA system as well? Thanks for the information guys really aprreciate it. :)
Tyler Lund

Jim_Ferer

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:07 am

I swear there's one of those at a church in Peekskill, New York, on Route 35/202 in town. I could be very wrong; it's a little generic looking.

I see there's other sirens called Master Blaster, including an industrial/alarm type siren that produces 127 dB at one meter.

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:13 am

I think a church here in Post has one too.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”