Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:28 pm

I see the glory hole.

She's lookin' good Jeb. Can't wait to see a video of that thing.

Rheems1

Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:41 am

I am with Ucommonsense on this one, if I would have seen that Black Widow in it I would have set fire to the whole siren, closed the garage and set fire to it and probably set fire to my house just to be sure. I am ok with bugs and some spiders but I don't screw with no black widows, no thank you!!!

Jim Z

Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:02 am

Trey wrote:I see the glory hole.
o_O

well, if that's where you want to put it...

MattDean1003

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:32 am

I'd have probably had a heart attack. Jeb and Ian both like to poke a little fun at me about my fear of spiders and I'm sure had I been down there, Jeb woulda had a field day with it. Aside from the spidies, it's looking good. I'm still debating on whether I want to get a siren to put up here at the house. Oconee County couldn't care less about sirens. Someone made a comment at the meeting we had at city hall a few years back about how Statham had only used theirs twice and how much of a waste of money it was. Not hijacking thread, rant over haha.
James M. Dean

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:40 am

MattDean1003 wrote:I'd have probably had a heart attack. Jeb and Ian both like to poke a little fun at me about my fear of spiders and I'm sure had I been down there, Jeb woulda had a field day with it. Aside from the spidies, it's looking good. I'm still debating on whether I want to get a siren to put up here at the house. Oconee County couldn't care less about sirens. Someone made a comment at the meeting we had at city hall a few years back about how Statham had only used theirs twice and how much of a waste of money it was. Not hijacking thread, rant over haha.
It only takes once...

If you want a siren to put up at your house I've got an old Model A that needs restoring.

SirenMadness

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:25 pm

I love how ACA made their stators so beefed up with all those projection fins. Great choice of color, too!
~ Peter Radanovic

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:47 pm

Near about killed my damn self trying to keep from scratching the paint but I got the ugly part put on the front. I'm going to have to wait until another one of my siren buddies comes to visit to get it out of the shop. It's very front heavy also. I had to put 150 pounds of steel on the back to keep it from tipping forward.

We are having our local festival for the first time since 2007 on March 24th in Rhine. I've already reserved a space and I will be down there preaching the gospel of outdoor warning sirens. In order to get peoples attention, I'm bringing this big ugly b*tch with me along with a trailer full of other sirens. It won't be as awkward as towing the Thunderbolt on the trailer, but I'm not going over 50 to keep from damaging anything. This is when it really sucks having a set of highway gears in your truck.

landmobile

Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:08 am

holler wrote: This is when it really sucks having a set of highway gears in your truck.
The rear in my E350 van started to go after 215K, so I transplanted one from Craigslist that came out of a same year F350. The swap moved me from 3.55 to 4.11, and so far I like the change.
Chris Bors
Land Mobile Corporation

weasel2htm
YouTube Username: weasel2htm

Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:58 pm

landmobile wrote:
The rear in my E350 van started to go after 215K, so I transplanted one from Craigslist that came out of a same year F350. The swap moved me from 3.55 to 4.11, and so far I like the change.
How bad has your gas milage been impacted?

landmobile

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:42 pm

weasel2htm wrote:How bad has your gas milage been impacted?
Only ran a few tanks through since the change and so far it's the same, but that was all local driving. I'll be covering about 100 highway miles going to a tower job this Friday, so we'll see then. I would expect it to be reduced somewhat.
Chris Bors
Land Mobile Corporation

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”