coop866

Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:28 pm

I wonder what kind of stuff might be in that shack?

dilloncarpenter

Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:43 pm

Stroud is a town of 2,758 people and 12.5 square miles. It's a small town halfway between Tulsa and Oklahoma City. I don't know how big it would have been back in the day though. Maybe around 1000 people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroud,_Oklahoma

The tower with the P-15 on it is at North 9th Ave and West 7th Street in northwest Stroud. It's a little south of the intersection between two houses. North 9th is a tiny dirt road that curves right in front of the tower. They have two P-15s, the STH-10, and a 2T22 at 4th and Harrison also.

Personally, that tower platform doesn't look big enough to me to have a Chrysler on it. It was just a guess.
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:29 pm

Cool pics, Dillon. I'm glad you got the help you needed.

As for the tower, I'm gonna have to go with Eric G on this one...looks like an old microwave tower. But it is a very cool installation, nevertheless. I would say it probably could survive the wind if it were installed out here on the good old plains of West Texas. :wink:

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:49 pm

There are several vids on youtube of the stroud sirens going off for a tornado that ran through town.

TBOLT1000

Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:19 am

dilloncarpenter wrote:Stroud is a town of 2,758 people and 12.5 square miles. It's a small town halfway between Tulsa and Oklahoma City. I don't know how big it would have been back in the day though. Maybe around 1000 people.

The tower with the P-15 on it is at North 9th Ave and West 7th Street in northwest Stroud. It's a little south of the intersection between two houses. North 9th is a tiny dirt road that curves right in front of the tower. They have two P-15s, the STH-10, and a 2T22 at 4th and Harrison also.

Personally, that tower platform doesn't look big enough to me to have a Chrysler on it. It was just a guess.
There is also another 2T22 at S 4th ave and W Jay st.
Proud owner of a Thunderbolt 1000A, Model LV, and a Model J.

dilloncarpenter

Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:51 am

TBOLT1000 wrote:
dilloncarpenter wrote:Stroud is a town of 2,758 people and 12.5 square miles. It's a small town halfway between Tulsa and Oklahoma City. I don't know how big it would have been back in the day though. Maybe around 1000 people.

Thanks! Wasn't sure if they had another siren in that part of town. My coverage map seemed to be lacking one in that area. I poked around on Streetview and found nothing around there a while ago
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

TBOLT1000

Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:01 am

dilloncarpenter wrote:
TBOLT1000 wrote:

Thanks! Wasn't sure if they had another siren in that part of town. My coverage map seemed to be lacking one in that area. I poked around on Streetview and found nothing around there a while ago
I just came across it when I was looking for that P-15 on the tower.
Proud owner of a Thunderbolt 1000A, Model LV, and a Model J.

AQHort

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:06 am

Great pictures. The picture of the P-15 on the tower is quite interesting. It looks sort of eerie, with the civil defense building and all.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”