mrboojay
YouTube Username: mrboojay13
Discord: mrboojay

Re: Just thinking

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:00 pm

SIRENMAN wrote:It is a few minutes before test so everyone report about the sirens you hear!!
I was up at the Mt. Echo park to record an SD-10 that did not go off (T-128 next to it) and heard an SD-10 on River Road and a few other sirens off in the distance. BTW, I do not know if this has been said yet but there is a T-128 near Van Engineering on Delhi Ave. and a couple other ones that I can not remember the locations right now that I will have later.

300th post!
Proud owner of a 1986 Thunderbeam RSH-10B (Blown) and a 1954 Thunderbolt 1000A. (With 4/5)
flickr
YouTube

nickrusche

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:14 pm

I recorded the Kuliga Park FS 2001 and it sounded. I heard the Shady Lane T-128 in the distance,
I think. I drove past the Oak Hills 1000T and it seemed to be facing in the same direction it was after the last test. It could of activated and stopped in the same position.

My video will be up later today.

SIRENMAN

?????

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:21 pm

As I understand they cannot pass inspection and only a few are hooked up

CinWx

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:38 pm

The Sterling on West Galbraith worked Friday and Today.

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Re: ?????

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:49 pm

SIRENMAN wrote:As I understand they cannot pass inspection and only a few are hooked up
Yes, many of them are not hooked up yet. The one closest to my house is though, so that's why I was asking. If I don't get a chance to drive by it in the next couple of days, we'll go right by it again on the way to church on Sunday, so I'll let you know if it's still facing the same direction.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

nickrusche

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:00 pm

Went past the St. Bernard 1000 and it sounded. It was facing a different direction.

mrboojay
YouTube Username: mrboojay13
Discord: mrboojay

New T-128s in Hamilton Co.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:42 pm

I saw some new T-128s today.
(These are Google coordinates for exact location.)

One at the fire station at 310 Lilienthal St. 39.082372,-84.584269

One near Van Engineering at 4014 Delhi Ave. 39.09764,-84.584371

One on Mount Echo Park Dr. 39.09389,-84.564813
Proud owner of a 1986 Thunderbeam RSH-10B (Blown) and a 1954 Thunderbolt 1000A. (With 4/5)
flickr
YouTube

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:58 pm

Thefandude21 said the Oak Hills 1000T didn't go off. Either it failed, or its replacement may have been installed at a different location.

Amtrak3501 filmed the Thunderbolt 1000 on top of Southern Ohio Printing Co. today. He said it's unique, it did fine on alert. But attack? A waver then alert again and when it stopped, blower stayed on for a second while the chopper continued. Sounds similar to St. Bernard. He also told me replacements for EPA and South Avondale Thunderbolts have been installed. EPA Thunderbolt is still hooked up, but South Avondale is turned off. He also seems to think the Finneytown Thunderbolt may be turned off, as he claims it is still in the same position.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

nickrusche

Re: Enquirer

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:22 am

SIRENMAN wrote:I sent this letter to the Enquirer today:

Please put this in your letters to the editor in the forum section and on Cincinnat.com tomorrow if possible due to siren test day. Thank you

I am appalled by the lack of coverage by the media about the silence of the Hamilton County Siren system. During the tornado there was only 55% siren coverage of Hamilton County due to sheer stupidity. Last week an EMA spokesperson said there were only 15 sirens not working, however I provided positive proof in the form of an email from the manufacturer/installer to the media that affirmed the 55% coverage. In my opinion this equates to 60 or more sirens that have been decommissioned before the new sirens are installed and working. Each week the sirens are polled and monitored for operability and readiness. I asked for a copy of that report through the Freedom of Information Act of Public Records and I have been denied these reports from E.M.A. Hamilton County E.M.A. seems to be in way over their heads and even the county hired engineering firm also seems to be afraid of their county contract, to do the right thing.
This contract was awarded to a New Jersey firm for $300,000 more than the local firm. This means $150,000.00 in payroll, income, sales, and other taxes have left Hamilton County for the shores of New Jersey not to mention the loss of 20 to 30 jobs in Hamilton County.
The sirens are too close to the road for safety (county engineer), they did not get county permits, Electrical inspections are failing 3 to 1, sirens that are moved from their original position have not been studied for EPA impact, sirens have been decommissioned before new sirens are working, and the deadline was March 1st 2012 for completion, which would have been nice to hear a siren during a tornado warning. Weather the sirens work or not or E.M.A. is making false statements to the citizens no one seems to care or maybe it is just the political machine rolling over the media. I am sure I have been labeled a disgruntled worker, but only the truth will set me free and with this letter I will probably lose the maintenance and my dealership of ASC. I therefore will personally reward anyone $500.00 or more to uncover the truth about this bidding process, possible collusion with manufacturer and installer (owned by the same person); E.M.A?s handling of this bid with the media and citizens. The above article is my observations and opinions as an expert with our siren system for over 60 years. Call me I am in the book.
By the way Wednesday is siren test day and the silence of the sirens will be deafening.

Clayton Werden
Siren maintenance worker
Very well said Mr. Werden. I hope the media gets a hold of this and finds some answers, but I'm sure they won't.

Found one more siren that did not activate today and that was the Werden RM-127 siren on Cheviot City Hall. It appears to be facing in the same direction as it before today's test.

Saw two new sirens today as well, they may have already been mentioned, but here are the locations:

North Avondale T-128:

http://binged.it/w8aflY

Evanston T-128:

http://binged.it/x8HObR

nickrusche

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:31 am

Here is my video from today's siren test:

Kuliga Park Federal Signal 2001:

http://youtu.be/AVVffNesFG8

Return to “Community Systems”