CinWx

Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:57 am

Saw the new T-128s at New Haven & SR 128 and on Willey Road today. The one on New Haven definitely wasn't hooked up (it had plastic over the weatherhead) and it looked like the other wasn't either.

SIRENMAN

Update

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Driving to work today there was a bucket truck with a pickup truck behind it with two people directing traffic and the traffic was backed up for 1/4 mile. This proves my point that no thought went into the placement of the sirens as far as maintenance and safety. A $50.00 service call just went to a $300 or $400 service call due to traffic control. The bucket truck was there to take care of the defects of the electrical inspections. The official deadline to have work completed was March 1, 2012 and it is a good thing the tornados went south of Cincinnati as we had minimal siren coverage.

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Wow that's horrible. Those events will be occuring more often when all of the sirens are hooked up, which means more people will arrive to their desinations late. :roll:
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

nickrusche

Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:12 am

The siren located at Shephard Creek Road and Diehl Road, next to the Bicentennial Park in Green Township is now connected to the electric. I drove past it today after work and it was facing a different direction.

CinWx

Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:07 am

http://local.cincinnati.com/community/S ... 303160035/

As the severe weather season rolls in, some Anderson Township residents may not hear the outdoor warning sirens.

The Hamilton County Emergency Management Agency is in the midst of upgrading and expanding the outdoor weather siren network throughout the county and some Anderson Township sirens have been removed from service during the process.

During the March siren test officials noticed multiple sirens were not operating properly, and are now working to fix the problem, said Assistant Township Administrator Steve Sievers.

(see link for the rest)

SIRENMAN

BS

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:25 am

This is pure lying to the public. No sirens were to be decommissioned till the new ones were installed and working. Only 55% of sirens are working in Hamilton County.

Urbanexplorer
YouTube Username: 500 Internal Server Error

Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:29 am

I live right by the Thunderbolt and new T128 at Beechmont and Markley. I don't think that one went off during the storms, either; however, as I was in a car and on the interstate at the time, this is simply conjecture based on the horn position. The T128 definitely didn't do anything.

I posted a couple of videos from 3 years ago in the A/V board, check them out if you wish.

CinWx

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:55 am

The T-128s on Willey Road and New Haven @ SR 128 were hooked up via service drops when I went by them today.

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:16 am

I love this part of that article:
Township officials approved the new siren locations last year, but Ober said some locations changed after the approval, and officials are trying to keep residents apprised of the situation.
"some locations changed", yet no explanation is given as to why they changed...
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

SIRENMAN

TOOOOOOOOO Close

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:17 am

I received a call from a ARS member and he told me of a siren that was insanely close to the street. I went to Reading Rd. and Norwood Lateral and the siren is a foot from Reading road and the control cabinets are even or stick over the street. This siren was to be at a park on Yarmouth about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away. I am not sure who is running this cluster****, but they are clueless and should be fired.

Return to “Community Systems”