carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:56 am

From other topic.
Oldiesmann wrote:Since the other topic seems to have vanished, I thought I'd start a new one...

Another new siren popped up in the past week. It's at the northwest corner of Hamilton and Springdale in the New Burlington area of Springfield Township. This is likely the replacement for the building-mounted Thunderbolt on the fire station a couple blocks away.
MUSTANGV8 wrote:I was wondering what happened.
carexpertandy wrote:
Oldiesmann wrote:Another new siren popped up in the past week. It's at the northwest corner of Hamilton and Springdale in the New Burlington area of Springfield Township. This is likely the replacement for the building-mounted Thunderbolt on the fire station a couple blocks away.
Yeah, the fire station is just a few yards away from that corner, so it has to be.
Urbanexplorer wrote:Wonder what happened to the other one?
Oldiesmann wrote:No idea. Would be nice to heat from the mods on this one, as I can't think of a reason for deleting that entire topic.

Also, the siren at Hamilton and Ashtree has changed position again. It's now pointing north.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

carexpertandy

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:57 am

Oldiesmann wrote:Also, the siren at Hamilton and Ashtree has changed position again. It's now pointing north.
Have you looked to see if the switch is in the on position?
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:22 am

Not yet. If I think about it I'll run up there before work tomorrow since it's only a few minutes from my house.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

carexpertandy

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Anybody get a phone call at their home this morning that sirens are being tested today(Well, not the actual monthly test, but I guess just growling each of the new sirens?) My mom picked up the phone at one point and heard a recording about it, but didn't bother listening to the entire message. I was even sitting in bed around 8:35 with my windows opened, and I thought I heard what sounded like a T-128 growl. Must've been the one at Galbraith & Winton. If I see it has changed position again(it was SW at first, saw it South yesterday), and the power switch is turned on I'm sure, I will film it tomorrow. :D

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:19 pm

We got the same message, but it didn't come until about 11:55 this morning. I'm wondering if they're just alerting people to the test coming up tomorrow, since that's the normal test day.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

CinWx

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:17 pm

It was for tomorrow's test. Well, if your siren is hooked up you'll hear it.

nickrusche

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:16 pm

carexpertandy wrote:Anybody get a phone call at their home this morning that sirens are being tested today(Well, not the actual monthly test, but I guess just growling each of the new sirens?) My mom picked up the phone at one point and heard a recording about it, but didn't bother listening to the entire message. I was even sitting in bed around 8:35 with my windows opened, and I thought I heard what sounded like a T-128 growl. Must've been the one at Galbraith & Winton. If I see it has changed position again(it was SW at first, saw it South yesterday), and the power switch is turned on I'm sure, I will film it tomorrow. :D
We got the same phone call too. I was going to record the new T-128 at the entrance to to Miami Whitewater Soccer Complex, but I drove past it today, and the main power switch was off. However, the T-128 at the entrance to the Good Samaritan Medical Center, had the power switch turned on and so did the Reemelin Road T-128. Now for tomorrow's test, I will try to record from my front porch and my deck. This way I will the ambiance covered in the front and in the back.

By the way saw a new siren today on the way out to see the one at the Miami Whitewater Soccer Complex.

Here it is:

http://binged.it/HKT8vs

carexpertandy

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:57 pm

nickrusche wrote:By the way saw a new siren today on the way out to see the one at the Miami Whitewater Soccer Complex.

Here it is:

http://binged.it/HKT8vs
That one, obviously replacing the Model 5 in Miamitown, but was originally supposed to go at the corner of Hamilton Cleves and the I-74 West exit ramp.

nickrusche

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:41 am

Tonight I saw the replacement for the Clifton School Thunderbolt. According to the Bid Packet, the replacement was supposed to be near the entrance to Mount Storm Park on Lafayette Avenue. However, it was not installed there, It was installed near the school where the existing siren is.

Once again here is the location (approx.):

http://binged.it/HMXK4h

Also, I drove past Calhoun Hall, and there is no new siren to be seen, either on the roof of Calhoun Hall next to the old one or on a pole somewhere close by. Maybe this one will be roof mounted.

Also, I drove past the Fire House on Blue Rock Street in Northside and there is no replacement siren there either.

carexpertandy

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Just filmed the T-128 at Galbraith & Winton, and it sounds great!

Return to “Community Systems”