CinWx

Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:20 pm

Siren at the Colerain Twp fire station on W Galbraith was hooked up this morning. Currently switched off.

SirenMadness

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Wait, Colerain Twp, the place with those two custom noisemakers? Did they at least stay?
~ Peter Radanovic

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:19 pm

SirenMadness wrote:Wait, Colerain Twp, the place with those two custom noisemakers? Did they at least stay?
I'm not sure what will happen with those. It wasn't in the packet for installing new sirens and disconnecting old sirens, along with a few other sirens, so I'm not sure what will happen with them.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

carexpertandy

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:27 pm

Saw a new T-128 today. It's on Dutch Colony Drive near the old Jacobs High School where Gamble Montessori currently is in Winton Hills. The blower on the Thunderbolt on top of that school no longer works.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

SIRENMAN

Update

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:08 pm

ANS has not properly decommissioned the sirens that they have been disconnection. Let me explain: ANS is supposed to remove the Compulert (RTU) box which includes the radio, power supply, Compulert boards, and enclosure and terminate the siren electric........sounds simple enough..........ha. ANS has been just removing the radio and sending it back to New Jersey instead of delivering to the owner............why........I have no clue and neither does EMA. The City of Cincinnati has removed the RTU's properly and should be paid for their services which is about $7,000.00 at this time.

Also as I predicted a year ago that EMA has run out of money and all removals will have to be done at each communities expense and for the City of Cincinnati it may be $100,000.00. Can anyone spell "stupidity"

carexpertandy

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Obviously, something is messed up with those people's minds if the only way they decommission sirens is remove the radio, and directions are given to remove the entire Compulert box, and changing many of the locations for new sirens where they haven't even gotten full approval for the new location, and install many too close to the street with the controls facing on the street.

It does not seem that all new sirens have been installed yet, but hopefully, it's done sometime soon since there really only seems to be a few left.

Each community should be the ones removing their old sirens though since they are the ones who own them and not the county.

Stupidity is spelled S-T-U-P-I-D-I-T-Y. :lol:

I'm kind of anxious to see if the county actually purchased 22 more T-128s or if 2001s are being upgraded.

SIRENMAN

off base

Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:13 am

Carexpertandy: I believe you are way off base when you said that each community should pay for their own siren removal. Here is why I say this; The County EMA promised all communities that the sirens were to be removed as per the contract, The communities had no choice in getting the new sirens, They had no say in the "final placement", and why should they have to pay when EMA squandered away $300,000.00 on 22 new sirens that were not needed as per ASC bid of 100% coverage. Think about this for a minute: 22 sirens at 10.4 square mile coverage it is 228 square miles and Hamilton County has 413 square miles so the math does not fit correctly on ASC brochure. Also if I were Federal I would sue Hamilton County that ASC did not bid properly and with the extra 22 sirens Federal is low bidder. Goes to show you what happens when mentally challenged people are in charge, and just think they can vote in November.

carexpertandy

Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:18 pm

OK, I see your point.

weasel2htm
YouTube Username: weasel2htm

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:41 pm

Urbanexplorer wrote:
carexpertandy wrote:...since it's against some codes to put controls from a different company on a siren made by a different company?
What codes are these?

In that case, wouldn't it be a code violation for ASC to have installed new equipment for FS sirens?
Then what about the Whelen 3016 heads in Michigan that have FS controls? Or does that not apply because they are electronic sirens?

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:30 pm

Furthering my efforts to get an investigation started on this, I just filed a complaint with the county commissioners. I encourage everyone else who lives in Hamilton County to do the same.

To do so:
Go to http://www.hamiltoncountyohio.gov/hc/feedback.asp
Select "Board of County Commissioners" as the department
Select "Complaint" as the feedback type

I didn't check the "please contact me" box, but you can if you want. I'm more interested in getting them to investigate the situation than discussing the situation with them.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

Return to “Community Systems”