Alasiren1977

Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:44 am

Model2 wrote:No test videos yet?
If all goes to plan I will be getting the 508 test video by my place.
Certified Storm Spotter for Davidson and Williamson County, TN

Melvin Potts

Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:21 pm

I found 4 more in the Antioch area today.

Weather was really nasty this morning; drizzling or pouring down rain so I couldn't get photos.

Cane Ridge Park has a 508 with solar panel attached to the pole.

There are Eclipses at corner of Pettus Rd. & Old Hickory Blvd(in front of Cane Ridge Free Will Baptist Church), Maxwell Elementary School, and the Antioch Community Center.

I couldn't find the one listed for Metro Water Cane Ridge Reservoir; it's supposed to be on Cane Ridge Road. I went all the way from Bell Rd. to Old HIckory on Cane Ridge and didn't see a siren anywhere.

Model2

Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:30 pm

An ambiance recording of an Ecliple, 508, and ATI would be fantastic if possible :lol:

weasel2htm
YouTube Username: weasel2htm

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Model2 wrote:An ambiance recording of an Ecliple, 508, and ATI would be fantastic if possible :lol:
Like the Ati would actually be audible :P :P

seriously, that would be neat to hear.

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:16 am

I'll be in Nashville tomorrow to catch the new sirens for the first test. So far I've been contemplating either the Bellevue Middle School or the 508 that my dad sees just about every day just before the Bellevue exit on I-40. Should be interesting nonetheless! Never heard a 508 in person. Not many videos of them around either.
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Alasiren1977

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:52 pm

My video is up on the video/audio portion of the site. Nice 508 recording I got.
Certified Storm Spotter for Davidson and Williamson County, TN

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:56 am

I almost completely missed it.. but I got to the one right beside the interstate in a subdivision just beside I-40 before the 196 exit. Thing didn't make a peep! It had power ran to the siren.. must not be programmed yet though. I heard one off in the distance though.. almost positive that it was the Bellevue Middle School 508. Definitely could tell that it was loud since I could hear it VERY clearly where I was when the horn was pointing my direction. I stopped by there 10 minutes later for some photos. I'll post those sometime tomorrow when I get my camera gear out of my truck.

Also.. the ATI at the school just off of the Charlotte Pike exit (can't remember the school name right off the top of my head) is gone. A 508 is in its place.

Wonder what is being done with the old control panels off of the ATI's? I'd love to get my hands on one for the radio and just to find out how exactly they work. Would be a pretty interesting thing to have.
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Melvin Potts

Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Also.. the ATI at the school just off of the Charlotte Pike exit (can't remember the school name right off the top of my head) is gone. A 508 is in its place.
Charlie:

Could that be Gower Elementary School? The school is just off Charlotte Pike, but is actually nearer the OHB exit from the interstate.

Melvin Potts

Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:51 pm

That is definitely Gower Elementary School. I had the chance to check it out this morning. Couldn't get picture due to angle of sun...but it's definitely a 508.

As of today there's an Eclipse with solar panel in McCabe Park on W side of town; however, nearby Richland Park still has the ATI.

Melvin Potts

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:40 pm

I had the chance to check out Richland Park and West Park this morning(both on the W side of town). The ATIs which were there last Saturday are gone and Eclipses in their places.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”