AllAmericanFE
YouTube Username: AllAmericanFE

Re: Oklahoma Siren Meetup 2013

Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:10 am

After seeing all of the wonderful videos and pictures I am starting to save up money to come next year after my vacation to Jacksonville, North Carolina June 24th. It looked like you guys had an awesome time! :D

Is there any additional videos of the EOWS?

TboltTX1
YouTube Username: TboltTX1, Sentry40V2T

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:04 am

kdksiren wrote:My daughter had our first grandchild on Sunday afternoon ! A girl! Yes, Kyle is an uncle now. Virtual cigars for all!!
Congratulations! :D
AllAmericanFE wrote:Is there any additional videos of the EOWS?
I have a bunch of video of Logan's 612 and the cool echoes we were able to generate. I'll try to edit through all of my video tomorrow.

In the meantine, here are all of the pictures my dad and I took during the meet.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1003802119 ... directlink

Also, on the way back to Texas, Bryan, my dad, and I passed by some of the tornado damage from the recent storms. Here are some of the pictures my dad took as we passed through.

El Reno, OK

Moore, OK

It was a shame we couldn't hear a 4/5 chopper on a blower but my motor has issues. Hopefully I'll have it running in time for next year's siren meet. My dad and I enjoyed getting the chance to meet everyone there.

Jeff

woodyrr
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:43 pm

Not long after this picture was taken, all the sirens left and this became, once again, a bucolic farm scene.

Bucolic Scene by woodyrr, on Flickr

I have finished posting the photos that I took over the weekend and have posted them in a flickr set here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39213183@N ... 889619458/

It was a fun weekend!
Raymond D. Woods, Jr.
Owner of a Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000T air raid siren. :TBolt:

Batman
YouTube Username: BatmansSirenChannel

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:13 pm

I'm jealous. It looks like it was a lot of fun. I'd love to come next time, but......Oklahoma...
Proud owner of a spontaneously-purchased 1940 Federal Electric Type A
Ulster County NY Map | Broome County NY Map | Union County NC Map

SirenMadness

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:33 am

If only I wasn't so far from Oklahoma, I'd be there in a heartbeat! Glad you guys had fun!
~ Peter Radanovic

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:11 am

Hey Dillon or Tyler, in video 10 in that playlist, did you guies wire that blower backwards by mistake, or did you do it to see if you could get that Tbolt to sound like the one in Wood River, NE used to? Now we know for sure why some Thunderbolts sound like that and have slow wind-downs.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

dilloncarpenter

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:17 am

I think it was actually by accident. But yeah we immediately noticed when it had a really long wind down. It was still really loud, but nothing close to how it is when the blower is the right way.
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:41 am

dilloncarpenter wrote:I think it was actually by accident. But yeah we immediately noticed when it had a really long wind down. It was still really loud, but nothing close to how it is when the blower is the right way.

That means that the blower was actually sucking air out of the chopper instead of blowing air into it. It's amazing that the suction was powerful enough to amplify the sound as much as it did. Now we know why some Thunderbolts sound like that.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

Antiwhoknows
YouTube Username: antiwhoknows
Discord: GrnChkn#0926

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:14 pm

ver tum wrote:Hey Dillon or Tyler, in video 10 in that playlist, did you guies wire that blower backwards by mistake, or did you do it to see if you could get that Tbolt to sound like the one in Wood River, NE used to? Now we know for sure why some Thunderbolts sound like that and have slow wind-downs.
It was on accident. I had the blower cover on so I couldn't see if it was right or wrong without listening to it.

I found out about blowers turning backwards after I got mine and screwed around with some. It was always one of those "theories" we had as to why some sounded the way they did. Now, when I hear one that is doing it, I let the agency in charge of it know so they can get the wires switched around so it can achieve full output.
Federal Signal Model 2-240, Thunderbolt 1000AT, 3T22A
Federal Sign and Signal Model A
Federal Electric Type B
Sterling M Single Head

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:12 am

RyanJamesDean98 wrote:
dilloncarpenter wrote:Looks like someone found a good hiding place! :lol: (I had the thought of curling up in there too.)

Cory, that is an AWESOME pic! I had a good opportunity to get good pics the morning of day 2. I was up a little early and I thought I heard my grandpa getting up. I went outside, worked on my Thunderbolt for a while, and then said MAN it's beautiful outside. So I walked around and got a bunch of pics before everyone else was back. I would post some of them here but they are kinda big. I get "413: Entity too large". If I could resize them from the link easily I would.
Try uploading them on flickr. You get 1tb of storage for free now. And they came out with that ONE week after I bought a subscription. Oh well, you win a few and you lose a few.
If you cancel the subscription, they'll give you a prorated refund. I cancelled mine after they introduced the new stuff.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”