coastalsyrolover

Re: The "Various Sirens" series and others

Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:30 am

in the california series the thunderbolt is still there behind the ATI in the SFO ferry building. it hasn't moved at all. you can only see it on the right behind the ATI. little grey thunderbolt. and if someone could do one for oregon that would be nice keeping in mind that even though google says they are still there the ones in waldport are gone except for the whelen.
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Allenorgan42099

Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:33 pm

How do you know that the sirens in Gaithersburg, Maryland are a Model 5 and a Model 7? Are you sure that they are not two Model 5s or two Model 7s? Do they sound different, or something?

Mark N
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:39 pm

Allenorgan42099 wrote:How do you know that the sirens in Gaithersburg, Maryland are a Model 5 and a Model 7? Are you sure that they are not two Model 5s or two Model 7s? Do they sound different, or something?
They are the same thing, Federal just lied about the HP

PeachtreeSirens
YouTube Username: PeachtreeSirens

Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:46 pm

OK. I'll admit it - I've been a bit quiet lately. Well, guess what? I'm baaaack... :wink:

I managed to do an update without mentioning it here (silly me), so I'll summarize it: there are now photos of every siren at Langley AFB. There's also a new Modulator...and a 5 that seems to have a Fedelcode tag on it (not sure yet).

Meanwhile, today, there's a tiny update involving just one location - the 5/7-Little Giant pair in Hampton. I've added a photo of the pair, along with some more info on them.

Much more to come. Stay tuned!
Don't wait. Take a siren photo today.
I was VASirens, but I moved.Check out IRC!
Proud owner of a frozen Model A, a Darley Champion "L", an Ademco 12V beehive, a few horns, a brass whistle and several old weather radios that sound like sirens. Those last three count, right?

PeachtreeSirens

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:52 am

Another Virginia update tonight featuring two new sirens - a Model 5 in Martinsville and a T-121 (the first Tempest found in the state) in Bedford, along with lots of information (including a submap) concerning Martinsville's future system, which was just announced today.

Enjoy.
Proud owner of a frozen Model A, a Darley Champion "L", an Ademco 12V beehive, a few horns, a brass whistle and several old weather radios that sound like sirens. Those last three count, right?

PeachtreeSirens

Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:19 pm

Today, we take another peek inside the Dave Fritz Files, with new sirens in the eastern and western parts of Pennsylvania. Various Federals and Sentrys, along with the odd Darley, make appearances.

Also, there was a Virginia update on the 12th that I didn't mention here, as it went hand in hand with my recent double header of videos.

More to come. Stay tuned!

coastalsyrolover

Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:48 am

hey VA sirens? could you please do a map of oregon sirens? ty.
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

PeachtreeSirens

Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:36 pm

My schedule is a bit of a confusing mess at the moment, so you may end up waiting a week or two. But, I'll see what I can do. :)

Allenorgan42099

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:53 pm

VASirens wrote:My schedule is a bit of a confusing mess at the moment, so you may end up waiting a week or two. But, I'll see what I can do. :)
When do you think you'll be able to get a video of Philomont's Allertor? If you ever do get a video of it, could you put it on the map?

PeachtreeSirens

Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Allenorgan42099 wrote:
VASirens wrote:My schedule is a bit of a confusing mess at the moment, so you may end up waiting a week or two. But, I'll see what I can do. :)
When do you think you'll be able to get a video of Philomont's Allertor? If you ever do get a video of it, could you put it on the map?
  1. It won't be for quite some time.
  2. I always do.

Return to “Siren Maps”