cauberallies

Central PA sirens.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:39 pm

Does anyone know if there are any Thunderbolt or 2t22 sirens in the western central PA area? I want to plan a trip to go listen on test day, as I have never heard either of these sirens in person.

Castlevania2006

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:41 pm

heres a tip for YE, dont stand to close or at least bring ear plugs if you value your hearing.

Personal experience
Jason C is the new ruler of this board,
do what he says or he'll cut off your big toe!
On that you can trust me on.

Daniel

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:49 pm

Go here and click on your county: http://www.jmarcoz.com/sirens/sirenarchive.htm

There are a hundreds of Pennsylvania sirens listed here.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

cauberallies

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:49 pm

Thanks for the advice, but my other hobby, music, has already done a number on my hearing. I was too young and stupid to use earplugs right off the bat, and the type of music I play dosent really work at low volume live.

Castlevania2006

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:59 pm

me I have a wierd unown condition where if a loud sound were to suddenly go off it would over load my hearing capabilities & cause me to pass out for anywhere between 1-15 minutes.

I suffer dizzyness afterwards, my doc says its crazy that I'm the only one he's heard of doing dis.
Jason C is the new ruler of this board,
do what he says or he'll cut off your big toe!
On that you can trust me on.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:46 pm

Castlevania2006 wrote:me I have a wierd unown condition where if a loud sound were to suddenly go off it would over load my hearing capabilities & cause me to pass out for anywhere between 1-15 minutes.

I suffer dizzyness afterwards, my doc says its crazy that I'm the only one he's heard of doing dis.
Yea, I mentioned in an earlier post that I thought you were the guy who passed out under a Sterling M and had to go to the hospital I believe?

Robert Gift

Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:13 pm

Castlevania2006 wrote:... if a loud sound were to suddenly go off it would over load my hearing capabilities & cause me to pass out for anywhere between 1-15 minutes. I suffer dizzyness afterwards, ...
Sounds like it is Muniers Syndrome. (Spelling check later)
If you can quickly hold your ears closed, will you be OK?
Around siren tests I wear a backpack so that I can immediately hold my ears without even having to set something down.
Covering ears with hands lets too much sound in. Use fingers to seal ears with the flap foward of ear canal.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”