Firepro1120

Re: Siratrol Radio Help

Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:13 am

landmobile wrote:Use sine waves, and try 2 seconds for A tone and 3 secods for B. Honestly, I'm not sure exactly how the Federal decoder is designed but it might be worth a try to reverse A and B. Some coding plans refer to the B tone as the common tone.
Ok. I will try that tomorrow and tell you what happens.
Last edited by Firepro1120 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theroofable

Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:10 am

Per the manual. First tone 3 seconds, Second tone 2 seconds, or First tone 1 second, Second tone 1 second. What kind of radio are you using to transmit the tones? The db level on the tone might not be enough (or too much) to activate the tones. There could literally be 100 things wrong with it to not activate. Most likely it has not been aligned since it was manufactured.

WhelenBoy
YouTube Username: Joshua Hamilton

Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:01 am

There are two different activation sequences you can try. Try 3 secs of the common tone and then 2 secs of the signal tone. Or 1 sec Common tone and 3 sec signal tone. I have an info sheet stating that, and it helped me figure why I couldn't set off one of my other siratrols. Also, anenna length and style wouldn't really affect anything in your application. The Yagi you're using should be just fine. Do you have an Android or an iPhone? If you have an Android, there is an app called Tedtones wich is what I use.
Proud owner of a Gridfaced Thunderbolt 2000, Thunderbolt 1000 and 1000T, two SD-10's, and a Federal Electric Model D.

-Joshua H.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”