CDV777-1
YouTube Username: vanamonde2

Re: Any news on the "new Tbolt"

Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:21 am

I was honored to see that they linked to my Mini-Thunderbolt page on my site.... :)
Proud owner of a garage full of junk.

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:34 am

CDV777-1 wrote:I was honored to see that they linked to my Mini-Thunderbolt page on my site.... :)
Lol, I saw that too and was waiting for you to say something.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

Tyler
Developer
Developer

Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:51 am

Logan_Michael_612 wrote:I must say, I am thrilled about this "new" T-Bolt!
However, I don't understand why FS hasn't modified the MOD tones in the first place. (Long overdue in my opinion.)
MCP & UV are quite customizable VIA FSPware. I have my MCP programmed to sound like a T-Bolt on Chopper Level 4.
Any who..

I'm quite interested in seeing what comes out of this.
[Stoned man voice]

It's all in the software man...lol

I can't wait to see a prototype or something similar.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
1984 SiraTone C/B

DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:49 am

Logan_Michael_612 wrote: However, I don't understand why FS hasn't modified the MOD tones in the first place. (Long overdue in my opinion.)
MCP & UV are quite customizable VIA FSPware. I have my MCP programmed to sound like a T-Bolt on Chopper Level 4.
I think it has to do with the SiraTone panels that drove the EOWS sirens. As dual tone sirens the EOWS would peak at 850/1050Hz if the controller wasn't clapped out to hell and back. It seems that Federal wanted to retain that pitch combo as they digitized their controllers moving over to the MC and eventually the MCP and UV. I think the other reason they haven't changed the tone on them is because the higher pitch doesn't push the drivers and amps as hard. I think the drivers they use in their Mods, DSAs, and THORs are the same ones they use in their vehicular sirens.
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:01 pm

They use pure tones as opposed to "recorded" tones as they would have to lower the wattage and sound output in return. Those speakers are pretty much nothing but super powerful tweeters. Full power at lower frequencies ends up heating the drivers up to much. (same reason the use a sine wave output and not a more menacing square or sawtooth wave, the flat top of the square waves are similar to distortion and the energy is converted to heat instead of sound). This also goes for the driver components (output transistors, etc)

Case in point, those annoying PowerCall fire truck sirens have speakers with heat sink fins to take the extra punishment. Also, the PA and radio rebroadcast on electronic sirens are much less than the siren tone. Case in point, old Carson/SVP/Star sirens output 100W per speaker for siren tones, but only 40W for PA/radio. The same principals apply to bigger outdoor warning sirens as well.

Valra Bellkeys
YouTube Username: Valra Bellkeys
Discord: Valra Bellkeys#0164

Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:27 am

Thunderbolt10031 wrote:
Valtonus wrote:This is on their Facebook Page.. it feels so real now.
TBOLT NEW ONE.png
https://www.facebook.com/FedSigISG/
That's for an A-series thunderbolt not a D-series (just assuming that it will be D-series)... Not to mention that the newer rotator isn't there, oh and they aren't making a 1003 just the 1000T. If they make the 1003 I'll literally crap my pants.

The date says January 1982.

Yeah, I knew it looked old, I'm just curious on why they posted this with "anyone excited about the new thunderbolt?"
I own: One complete SiraTone, another SiraTone control module, a 1600W MC, 2 old ATI controllers, 2 round ATI horns with drivers, a ATI-DSA 4 thing, a Federal Signal FC, AR timer and Siratrol, and a small CD&F.

Gandalf

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:21 am

How much you want to bet that this is a bunch of B.S. lol :\
There is no dark side of the moon!
Really!!!
As a matter of fact it's all dark!

Tyler
Developer
Developer

Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:04 am

Gandalf wrote:How much you want to bet that this is a bunch of B.S. lol :\
It's not. Federal wouldn't lie about something like this, it would hurt their reputation if they lied.

Proud owner of
1984 SiraTone C/B

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:08 am

So has anyone got contacts up at FS or called up and asked around? I just don't believe it.

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:16 am

Trey wrote:So has anyone got contacts up at FS or called up and asked around? I just don't believe it.
It's true. Federal posted it on their Facebook page, messaging users about it, etc. As Thunderbolt10031 said, it would hurt their reputation if they were lying about it. It will be a limited production only, ofcourse.

Back on the post, As Federal seems to aim towards preformance, I wonder if they will make the new Thunderbolt single toned.
:TBolt: :TBolt: :TBolt:
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”