scooterbugs25

Dallas Tornado Warning sirens

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:34 pm

Nelso90

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:50 am

If I'm right, that's the neighborhood my Grandparents live in, and that's the Thunderbolt on Northwest highway!!
Cool!

Archon

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:55 am

Sounds like single tone TB's and some 2001's

quiksmith10

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:26 am

Here is another video with sirens in the background:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AgQcQyi ... ed&search=

I was down there chasing storms that day. We chased the storms from Parker County into Tarrant County, where we let the line overtake us. We believe we witnessed a tornado in NE Parker County, SE of Springtown, but we are still awaiting word from the NWS on what we actually encountered. We couldn't really tell as we were actually in what we believed to be the circulation. We were passing a funnel clould before the incident. Definitely a crazy day to say the least.
Brandon Smith

Skip Goulet

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:49 pm

quiksmith10 wrote:Here is another video with sirens in the background:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AgQcQyi ... ed&search=

I was down there chasing storms that day. We chased the storms from Parker County into Tarrant County, where we let the line overtake us. We believe we witnessed a tornado in NE Parker County, SE of Springtown, but we are still awaiting word from the NWS on what we actually encountered. We couldn't really tell as we were actually in what we believed to be the circulation. We were passing a funnel clould before the incident. Definitely a crazy day to say the least.
All that mess that went through the D/FW area was actually headed right here for the Midland/Odessa area, and just suddenly turned and went to the east/northeast. Go figure! Guess we were just lucky. However, I went through the "big'un" that hit Lubbock in 1970, and another on the west end of Lubbock in '84 that touched down just a few blocks from my house (and I lived in a trailer park). The '87 'nader touched down just before 6:00 and one of the TV stations rolled their cameras out the back door and shot the thing live. Fortunately it stayed mostly in open country and what damage there was was minimal.

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:48 pm

Yesterday we had tornadoes touch down in and around Lubbock (landspouts mostly). We did have a confirmed tornado near Shallowater and a close-to-the-ground funnel near Slaton. Perhaps they set the SD10s off? :P

Skip Goulet

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:59 pm

Hmm....nothing was said on our local TV about bad weather on the South Plains yesterday. I got an email from a friend in Abilene, and they had some nasty stuff in their area. I've never heard any of the sirens around Lubbock except when they tested the TBolts prior to 1970, and the Tech siren a few times, and Reese's sirens that would sound for time signals. But it's that time of year again! :roll:

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”