remadog

Re: Romeoville Siren System

Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:59 pm

Chicagosiren-hunters wrote:Very nice photos! Would you happen to know where siren number 20 is going to be after restoration?I may want to record the Modulator in the future too.
Siren 20 is in the same location. Take a look again, they are the before and after pictures of the refurbishment. The siren head was repainted and all of the control boxes were replaced but the pole and location remains the same.

Mike
Mike Littrell, Coordinator, Romeoville Emergency Management

MattDean1003

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:07 pm

You guys take excellent care of that system. I will echo the above, it is nice to see a community taking pride in their siren system. I love the CD decals and the whole installation of the 508 is just wow.
James M. Dean

jgardner48

Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:52 pm

remadog wrote:Every few years I do a siren audit to take pictures and see which sirens need updating. Since my last audit was 2012 and we changed quite a few sirens around I thought I would share with all of you what our current system consists of. Almost all are yellow except for one inherited unit, the Village Hall Modulator and the new 508 which is inside a private community that paid for it before giving it to us to maintain. All of the physical work on these sirens is done by Braniff Communications Inc. one of the finest outfits around. The last pictures show the College View siren that was discussed in another thread about a week or so ago. Braniff refurbished it for me this week so it matches the rest of the system. I may have to do this in multiple posts for all 20 sirens....Mike

2- Lake Strini.JPG
isnt there a b&n mobil directo?
You read my signature, that's enough social interaction for one day.

My siren map (IN PROGRESS)

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 682617&z=7

Spencerlovestrains
YouTube Username: Spencer Harman

Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:29 pm

jgardner48 wrote:
remadog wrote:Every few years I do a siren audit to take pictures and see which sirens need updating. Since my last audit was 2012 and we changed quite a few sirens around I thought I would share with all of you what our current system consists of. Almost all are yellow except for one inherited unit, the Village Hall Modulator and the new 508 which is inside a private community that paid for it before giving it to us to maintain. All of the physical work on these sirens is done by Braniff Communications Inc. one of the finest outfits around. The last pictures show the College View siren that was discussed in another thread about a week or so ago. Braniff refurbished it for me this week so it matches the rest of the system. I may have to do this in multiple posts for all 20 sirens....Mike

2- Lake Strini.JPG
No, there aren't any Mobil Directos in Illinois that I know of.
In my opinion, I think there way too many 2001's in Indiana!

Check out my siren recordings! https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

Proud owner of a Fedelcode Model 2.

remadog

Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:38 pm

jgardner48 wrote:

2- Lake Strini.JPG
We used to have and ACA Allertor before a direct lightning strike cremated it. It was then replaced by a Thunderbolt which was since replaced by a DC2001 ...Mike
Mike Littrell, Coordinator, Romeoville Emergency Management

Spencerlovestrains
YouTube Username: Spencer Harman

Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:42 pm

Are the sirens on DC power only? I don't see a rectifier.
In my opinion, I think there way too many 2001's in Indiana!

Check out my siren recordings! https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

Proud owner of a Fedelcode Model 2.

uncommonsense

Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Spencerlovestrains wrote:Are the sirens on DC power only? I don't see a rectifier.
You answered your own question.

jgardner48

Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:27 am

remadog wrote:
jgardner48 wrote:

2- Lake Strini.JPG
We used to have and ACA Allertor before a direct lightning strike cremated it. It was then replaced by a Thunderbolt which was since replaced by a DC2001 ...Mike
I had heard there was a gas powered mobil directo out there
You read my signature, that's enough social interaction for one day.

My siren map (IN PROGRESS)

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 682617&z=7

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”