Joshua_2002

Park place at lytle thunderbolt 1000.

Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:50 pm

As some of you may know I've been trying to get the park place at lytle thunderbolt 1000 so I can have it. but I haven't done anything because I've been trying to get the Tbolt in Georgetown ky (very long story) well I got a call from Georgetown ema today and sadly I can't have the Tbolt from Georgetown but now I can now focus on getting the lytle Tbolt down however I only come to Cincinnati every six months so I need some help and some advice on who in the city of Cincinnati can help me get it (and hopefully the full set) if anyone has any advice, updates,pictures anything that can be useful let me know here on the siren board. I know it was probably pointless to put this on here, but I just need all the help I can get because I'm just too young and my family doesn't really have the recourses on trying to get the park place lytle thunderbolt down ourselves. Anyway thank you all sincerely,
Joshua_2002

Urbanexplorer
YouTube Username: 500 Internal Server Error

Re: Park place at lytle thunderbolt 1000.

Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:27 am

How old are you?

Do you have the money to purchase the siren?
Do you have the money to obtain/rent equipment to move the siren?
Do you have a specific use for the siren?

If you answered "no" to any of the above questions, don't waste your time.
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Formerly known as "Conky 2000".

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:21 pm

You could message Clayton Werden, owner of Werden Electric Co., which I believe is doing the siren maintenance in Hamilton County again. His username on here is "SIRENMAN." See what he says about it.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

MattDean1003

Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:40 pm

Be prepared to spend lots of cash obtaining a siren. Also be prepared for the amount of questions you will be asked about why you want it, if you will be responsible with it, etc, because at the end of the day, they certainly are not toys and the officials are just making sure that the owner will be responsible with owning it. They know that the possibility of plugging it up and setting it off is there which will prompt calls to 911 or other emergency service numbers to see why there's a siren going off, etc.

We want you to have fun with the hobby and I am in no way trying to discourage you from obtaining a siren, just be prepared for the battle that ensues when you start your trek down that path. To add to what urbanexplorer said above, space. They are big. Renting a crane is not cheap, and the sirens are not light.
James M. Dean

Hannah
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:25 pm

Hey joshua, Adding to what Andy said... if you are serious and have the funds/means/transportation/storage etc. and want to obtain a thunderbolt siren contact clayton werden of werden electric. Last i knew he had a few thunderbolts in his yard that were for sale, and that was last spring sometime. They come with everything you need to assemble and operate the siren but the only issue is the blower would be a three phase unit and most likely a A1 blower. Not sure of the prices anymore but when i bought the three i have, plus all the other sirens from him they wernt cheap but they were not too expensive either. At least that would save you from having to rent a crane and bypass the hassle of bothering the city, that is if he is still selling them, but i would check first. Keep in mind the sirens that he might still have for sale weigh in over 1000 lbs with everything included and would require a decent trailer and a decent sized vehicle to haul it, and may require disassembly to move the blower to where you want it.
Female enthusiast who is the owner of many large and small sirens, misc controls, timers etc. (too many to list in this small space) all big sirens came from cincinnatis old system.

Joshua_2002

Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:55 am

Look guys, I understand your concerns and I don't blame you. But I do have most of the resources such as hauling,storage,etc, the only problem is that me and my family don't really have the funds to obtain it because when I asked the Cincinnati EMA about it they said the pay to have it removed is 2000 dollars but I'm doing everything I can to raise enough money to obtain it,etc,I just don't want anyone to be upset or disappointed in trying to get it. And since you all are asking, I am 13 years old and my main purposes for the siren is just too look at it and prevent it from being scrapped or put in a junkyard. And I would NEVER set it off just whenever I want to besides, I don't even know how to wire it up. And that's about it for now.

Stormsetter4
YouTube Username: Stormsetter4

Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:40 pm

I'm seriously doubting that siren is going anywhere soon. The amount of insurance issues that you will probably have to go through to get that thing off the roof is not even worth doing. The only way to realistically take that siren down is to dismantle it on the rooftop and take it down piece by piece.
-Cruz Newberry
Table Rock Alerting Systems, LLC
Emergency Alerting Systems for Communities & Industry

Website

Youtube Channel

Urbanexplorer
YouTube Username: 500 Internal Server Error

Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:34 am

When the answer to "what do you plan to do with it?" is "just look at it", there's a good chance that someone other than you could make good use of it.
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Formerly known as "Conky 2000".

coastalsyrolover

Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:24 am

Most of us on here have sirens just to enjoy them... But yes getting on the roof to get a thunderbolt down would be a total pain... (Don't even bring up the thing with me and the Yakima thunderbolts blower...) my babies (thunderbolt and model 5) are super heavy, have super sharp edges and can really hurt someone if they aren't careful... (I NEVER let my bandmate carry it. Maybe I'd let him hold the small end of the horn with my hand there to make sure everything was okay but not the heavy parts. He was 11 at the time.) We have all felt what you are feeling at one time or another I am sure. But i am sure we don't want to hear of anything being broken in some sort of accident.
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Joshua_2002

Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:19 pm

Okay, I've sent a message to Clayton werden about the thunderbolt so now, we just need to wait and see what happens. I'll update you all about it when I have more information.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”