scooterbugs25

SC Siren Coverage Video

Sat May 05, 2007 9:40 pm

Elliott

Sun May 06, 2007 12:30 am

Huh huh.....Did you guys see Eddie Murphy?
Elliott, A.K.A. KD8FOV, and Sirenzrok on Youtube

jerrylovessirens

Sun May 06, 2007 2:41 am

Look at all those poor T-bolts!!

500AT

Sun May 06, 2007 3:19 am

Nice shot of a Sterling M-10! All it takes is one time for a tornado to strike a city or village, with a high fatality count, and presto; you've got sirens! Especially, if it becomes a political issue. :roll:

Sincerely yours,

Ron W.

"When your siren's a failin', chances are it's a Whelen."

kagome122885

Sun May 06, 2007 4:28 am

jerrylovessirens wrote:Look at all those poor T-bolts!!
That is horrible! You should refurbish old sirens that have been replaced by newer models so towns that can't afford a new system can buy a reconditioned siren, which is a good start for any community!
Federal Signal Thunderbolt Series, still the King of Air Raid Sirens!

kagome122885

Re: SC Siren Coverage Video

Sun May 06, 2007 4:30 am

My instructor for my custodial class said "Excuses are Worth Nothing" They should instead find a solution!
Federal Signal Thunderbolt Series, still the King of Air Raid Sirens!

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Sun May 06, 2007 6:10 am

I agree with the better spending on gov't funds. All this bio-terrorism crap everyone has bough has been mostly a waste of money because it's never been put to real use. Yes, we need this stuff, but it should be a state ran thing, every country or fire district doesn't need stuff that they will never use.

As far as North Carolina, its the same, hardly any tornado siren systems. I actually live in one of the few counties that "have one"...if you can call it that. Ever since an F-3 tornado his the small town of Stoneville, NC in 1998, the 23 fire sirens in Rockingham county were equipped with Ad-sig Vedette controllers and are able to sound a three minute alert signal. The system is mostly pointless however, as only a few new sirens were actually purchased (a few model 2's and STH10's). Ridiculous gaps remain and the largest town in the country has no sirens. I may donate my 1003 as a storm siren. I think the sirens for the nuke plant near Charlotte are able to be sounded for weather but I'm not sure. There are a few other very small systems including a T-128 at A&T University in Greensboro.

As far as those T-bolts sitting there, they look like the units from the nuke plant down there. In fact, my two T-bolts may have come from that very same system :wink:

Robert Gift

Sun May 06, 2007 1:24 pm

As much as I like real sirens, the NOAA alert Radios would be a better way to spend the money outside of towns.
Why are all those Thunderbolts just laying in the field and not being used somewhere?

Justin

Sun May 06, 2007 2:33 pm

Robert Gift, Order of ASB wrote: Why are all those Thunderbolts just laying in the field and not being used somewhere?
One would think that no one around has the expertise to put them back into working order again.
That, and a lack of redundant power supplies.

Robert Gift

Sun May 06, 2007 9:55 pm

Justin Savidge wrote:
Robert Gift, Order of ASB wrote: Why are all those Thunderbolts just laying in the field and not being used somewhere?
That, and a lack of redundant power supplies.
Well, that will kill all motorized sirens except the FS 2001 and Sentry sirens which operate from batteries.
But if voice is also a new requirement, there go ALL electromechanical sirens.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”