FS Rotor

Re: Post your Mystery Sirens here.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:07 pm

The rotors and stators are much taller than that of any HOR. The openings open up much wider than any HOR stator. A close look will find many differences that make it pretty clear that it’s not an HOR.
Proud owner of a 4/5 Thunderbolt, Federal Sign & Signal SD-10, large Heath Engineering Siren, and a bunch of smaller sirens.

Synther
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: UtahSirens

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:09 am

How do you know if it isn't a particular model of HOR or B&M siren that is different than other sirens made by the company? Just because it doesn't match what the other models look like doesn't mean it inst made by that company. As for the B&M guy comparing it to the AR20, there have been a few instances from what I can tell of companies completely losing all documentation of siren models, so this very well could be a B&M siren.
State of Utah siren map - My channel
STH-10, SD-10, 2 Model 2s

Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:54 am

Pull 'er out of the dark, and let's run a full body scan of this thing!
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
24, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

charleysalmon91

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:01 am

ya
Just no no no no NO!

FS Rotor

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:04 am

Synther wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:09 am
How do you know if it isn't a particular model of HOR or B&M siren that is different than other sirens made by the company? Just because it doesn't match what the other models look like doesn't mean it inst made by that company. As for the B&M guy comparing it to the AR20, there have been a few instances from what I can tell of companies completely losing all documentation of siren models, so this very well could be a B&M siren.
Let me start with B&M. Kevin, The owner of B&M told me that it is very different than any B&M. The stators are very different, and there are no vertical B&Ms. HOR is ruled out because of many factors. First of all the rotors are very different. Secondly, the openings on the stators are very different than any HOR, and the stators are much taller. HOR never made 8/10 port sirens. A possibility is scream master. There is, or at least was a FCDA listing of all sirens manufactured at the time it was made (1953). If I’m not mistaken it’s in the Federal Contributions Manual, published in 1953, and it said something about dual tone scream masters, but I don’t know if I can find it. Scream Masters were made in Los Angeles, and so was the motor on the mystery siren. Scream masters are vertical, and so is the mystery siren. Despite all of those similarities, I wouldn’t just assume it’s a scream master. Having never examined the inside of one, I can’t be sure.
Proud owner of a 4/5 Thunderbolt, Federal Sign & Signal SD-10, large Heath Engineering Siren, and a bunch of smaller sirens.

Someone22

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:10 am

Yes according the The Federal Contributions Manual, Scream-Master did make a signal tone and dual tone 10 HP siren. It's in the 1954 version.

Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Link?
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
24, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

FS Rotor

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:07 pm

Someone22 wrote:
Yes according the The Federal Contributions Manual, Scream-Master did make a signal tone and dual tone 10 HP siren. It's in the 1954 version.
Do you by any chance have a copy of the book? It’s been some time since I’ve last seen it.

Someone22

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:28 pm

FS Rotor wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:07 pm
Someone22 wrote:
Do you by any chance have a copy of the book? It’s been some time since I’ve last seen it.
https://books.google.com/books?id=YTpQA ... eam-Master Here it is

Missouri1000Tfan

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:04 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but I'll post it anyway. So, while I was working on the Nebraska Statewide Siren map, I happend to stumble across Lodgepole, NE where I sawed this. Any idea what this is? https://goo.gl/maps/HKqGJST9rMo
Attachments
Mystery Siren.png
Mystery Siren.png (968.09 KiB) Viewed 4251 times

Return to “Mystery Sirens”