Tboltguy

Anybody know how to hook up rotation on a thunderbolt?

Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:41 am

I'm getting a thunderbolt soon from WSS and I would like to know how to hook up rotation, I've been told it's a simple can motor but can someone give me a step-by-step on how to wire it up, and get it working safely and properly?

Thanks
Very proud owner of a Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000A, a Federal Sign & Signal Model D, a Federal Sign & Signal STH-10B, and two Federal Signal IC-S2S4s (5 & 13 Port Variants).

Jake_7367
Discord: Keigo#2002

Re: Anybody know how to hook up rotation on a thunderbolt?

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:09 am

Single or 3 phase rotator motor?
I love Yamaha Music Sirens.
Twitter: Yamaha and Matsush¡ta Enthusiast (@Matsush¡taMan) (replace ¡ with i)

Tboltguy

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:48 pm

I do not know, I'm getting it on July second and I don't even know which exact one in the yard I'm getting, I just know it'll be a 1000 or a 1000T. When I get there I'm going to pick it out. Can you give me instructions on how to do both so I can study up and practice?
Very proud owner of a Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000A, a Federal Sign & Signal Model D, a Federal Sign & Signal STH-10B, and two Federal Signal IC-S2S4s (5 & 13 Port Variants).

coastalsyrolover

Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:37 pm

There are manuals online. If you go to the page that has the RCM1 panel, I suggest reading that. Basically you take the required wires (the manual tells you what gauge and what not,) from the motor and connect then to the contactor in the RCM1 panel. I suggest using the panel (which I suppose is a bit weird of me to say because I’ve mentioned running a chopper and blower on plugs and plug ins instead of the RCM but I’m not sure that’s a good way to go, especially considering the power requirements, I’ve been told, are very specific.)
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”