carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Re: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area Sirens

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:34 pm

With the potential for severe weather, I see that Hamilton County’s test is rescheduled for next Wednesday.

EDIT: Warren County cancelled as well.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:21 pm

Hamilton County conducted a Growl Test of their outdoor warning sirens today for the rescheduled test. Odd that they didn't do 30 seconds like usual.
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

carexpertandy

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:39 pm

They’ve typically been doing a growl test for the rescheduled tests. In August 2017, someone at the EMA pushed the growl button on the 1st Wednesday instead of alert, so the following week, they did a 30-second alert to make up for the error.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

nickrusche

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:31 pm

Drove past the Hudepohl factory today, and the Thunderbolt is still there, it has not come down yet. Probably be this week.

loukycheckinin

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:41 pm

Hey all. I have this Wednesday off so thought about heading up to record a test in Hamilton Co. I'm assuming all the old bolts and CD sirens are decom'd now, but is there anything unique or interesting to check out?

Thanks in advance!
-Tyler P
Louisville, Kentucky
Louisville Siren Map
Facebook

carexpertandy

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:01 pm

Of any old sirens believed to still be active, there are videos of each.

In Hamilton County, the most interesting sirens remaining in the system are the four early 90s generation 2001-SRNs in Sharonville, as well as the Excel T-128 in Harrison Township. Some of the guys got videos of the T-128 a few months ago, while someone recorded a rescheduled growl test of a Sharonville 2001 a few weeks ago, and it may be cool to see a full alert activation of one.

Out in Clermont County, there are a ton of older sirens active, many of which were refurbished by Werden.

Many videos on YouTube now, but you could go to Elmwood Place at 9:00pm any day of the week to record the HOR Siro-Drone curfew blast.

loukycheckinin

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:22 pm

carexpertandy wrote:

In Hamilton County, the most interesting sirens remaining in the system are the four early 90s generation 2001-SRNs in Sharonville, as well as the Excel T-128 in Harrison Township. Some of the guys got videos of the T-128 a few months ago, while someone recorded a rescheduled growl test of a Sharonville 2001 a few weeks ago, and it may be cool to see a full alert activation of one.

Out in Clermont County, there are a ton of older sirens active, many of which were refurbished by Werden.

Many videos on YouTube now, but you could go to Elmwood Place at 9:00pm any day of the week to record the HOR Siro-Drone curfew blast.
Awesome thank you! I stumbled across a grey Thunderbolt on Mt. Carmel Tobasco Rd. last month and at the time there was no T-128 nearby that I could find, so was wondering if it was active. After posting here I found the Ohio Statewide Map, and according to it, there's lots of bolts and Model 5's active just east of Cincy proper (one of which is the aforementioned Thunderbolt I came across last month), which aligns perfectly with you telling me Clermont County still has older sirens.

I am sure they're all on YT, but it's more about hearing them in-person for myself while I still can (which should be painfully obvious looking at my YT channel, even though I always record every test I can lol). I haven't even uploaded my video of Louisville's sirens running ATTACK for last week's Tornado Warning. :-/

I'll probably head out to Clermont Co. to get one of the older sirens, but I have earmarked the 2001's in Sharonville as well.

Thank you for your help!
-Tyler P
Louisville, Kentucky
Louisville Siren Map
Facebook

nvanw27
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: 301.3 Productions
Discord: nottimwakefield

Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:51 pm

loukycheckinin wrote:
carexpertandy wrote:

Awesome thank you! I stumbled across a grey Thunderbolt on Mt. Carmel Tobasco Rd. last month and at the time there was no T-128 nearby that I could find, so was wondering if it was active. After posting here I found the Ohio Statewide Map, and according to it, there's lots of bolts and Model 5's active just east of Cincy proper (one of which is the aforementioned Thunderbolt I came across last month), which aligns perfectly with you telling me Clermont County still has older sirens.

I am sure they're all on YT, but it's more about hearing them in-person for myself while I still can (which should be painfully obvious looking at my YT channel, even though I always record every test I can lol). I haven't even uploaded my video of Louisville's sirens running ATTACK for last week's Tornado Warning. :-/

I'll probably head out to Clermont Co. to get one of the older sirens, but I have earmarked the 2001's in Sharonville as well.

Thank you for your help!
I have an extensive map of Clermont County, if you'd like a link send me a Private Message.
-Nik VW
3.6 roentgen - Not Great, not terrible.

maxshaw

Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:24 pm

loukycheckinin wrote:
carexpertandy wrote:

Thank you for your help!
Was the grey Thunderbolt on Mt. Carmel next to a sports complex? I've got a recording of that one, but another one I'd like to get is the grey Thunderbolt on top of Clough Pike Elementary. I still have yet to figure out if it's set to chopper level 7, or if I'm just hearing weird overtones during tests. I'm also curious to see if Hamilton/ Clermont will test tomorrow, as there is a low level severe weather threat...

loukycheckinin

Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:41 am

Phone Goat wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:51 pm
loukycheckinin wrote:
carexpertandy wrote:

Thank you for your help!
I have an extensive map of Clermont County, if you'd like a link send me a Private Message.

Sent! Thank's so much!
maxshaw wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:24 pm
loukycheckinin wrote:
carexpertandy wrote:

Thank you for your help!
Was the grey Thunderbolt on Mt. Carmel next to a sports complex? I've got a recording of that one, but another one I'd like to get is the grey Thunderbolt on top of Clough Pike Elementary. I still have yet to figure out if it's set to chopper level 7, or if I'm just hearing weird overtones during tests. I'm also curious to see if Hamilton/ Clermont will test tomorrow, as there is a low level severe weather threat...
Yep- I'm referring to the one by the sports complex.

I'm planning to get to the area around 9:30 tomorrow to go scouting to figure out which one I'd like to hear in-person for the test. With school being out right now and that bolt on top of Clough Pike Elementary being in plain site of the parking lot, maybe that's the one I'll get.

I really hope they don't cancel tomorrow. I may look up the EMA's number and give them a shout before I find myself just sitting there still at 12:30 wasting my time lol.
-Tyler P
Louisville, Kentucky
Louisville Siren Map
Facebook

Return to “Community Systems”