Fireman55
New User

Narrow Banding an older Federal FC controller receiver

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:24 pm

Does anyone know what radio receiver that Federal uses in their older FC controllers. I have one and need to narrow band the radio receiver in it. I was told be someone that they thought it was a Motorola 750 series radio. I have a Motorola license and can obtain the software. I have the FSPWARE software but it only lets you program the various setpoints, frequency and tones. I need to flash the firmware so it will be narrow banded.

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks!

motspectra635

Re: Narrow Banding an older Federal FC controller receiver

Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:05 pm

Technically, you don't have to narrow band the receiver. The receiver will decode the tones just fine. I just installed a FCH and the tones are sent over fire repeater which is narrow banded. The siren activates every time! Blake

Stormsetter4
YouTube Username: Stormsetter4

Re: Narrow Banding an older Federal FC controller receiver

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:57 pm

How old is the FC board? The earlier ones had the radio built into the board and they didn't work on narrowband. The later models use the "silver box" receiver in the upper left corner of the board, and the mid 2000's model receivers are notorious for going out of alignment and failing. I've had success in making a cable that connects to the external receiver DB9 port on the board and using a handheld radio instead, which will work on 12.5khz band spacing. If you have any more questions feel free to shoot me a PM.
-Cruz Newberry
Table Rock Alerting Systems, LLC
Emergency Alerting Systems for Communities & Industry

Website

Youtube Channel

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”