thebreadmister

Re: Castle Castings 10/12 port stator and rotor repair ? and parts of the early warning system

Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:09 am

It may possibly be bent.. I can’t be sure but it’s another possibility.. if you can’t tell this poor siren must have been taken down quite.. unpleasantly and unprofessionally since it is damaged like it is

Chem_Boffin_6589
YouTube Username: Alfie Woolard
Discord: Alfie

Re: Castle Castings 10/12 port stator and rotor repair ? and parts of the early warning system

Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:42 pm

thebreadmister wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:09 am
It may possibly be bent.. I can’t be sure but it’s another possibility.. if you can’t tell this poor siren must have been taken down quite.. unpleasantly and unprofessionally since it is damaged like it is
Either that or it fell over. And it would have to fall over pretty hard to bend the motor shafts, expecially as cast aluminium will degfinitely shatter before the steel motor shaft bends!

Sirens were bomb damaged as well- I've seen one with most of the stator missing after it was bo,bed while in service.
Alfie Woolard
Federal Signal MC know-it-all.
Installed, initiated and maintains school campus warning system.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGVVz ... 8BQ47VmdHg

thebreadmister

Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:37 pm

i have no clue to be honest.. it must have been something bad or fallen on one side more than the other.. either way it really needs some help and repair and im not too sure what to do as it is a lot of work.. the person i got it from says it may have come from essex if i didnt say ?.. but im not sure and indeed.. the 10 port side has a piece missing from it.. would need to be seen to explain somewhat maybe.. either way things arent quite right or streight as they should be.. and indeed i imagine they were however this is a castle castings siren (likely from the 70s/80s or such) and would not think it would have been bombed.. intresting youve seen a damaged siren like that though!.. but again im not too sure what im going to do with it

thebreadmister

Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:51 pm

i have had a look at it today and indeed the shaft on the 12 port side is bent.. as well as that though i think the 12 port rotor also has issues for sure

NahIDee
YouTube Username: jcb19 (formerly AGuyNamedJC)
Discord: somebody2950

Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:21 pm

thebreadmister wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:51 pm
i have had a look at it today and indeed the shaft on the 12 port side is bent.. as well as that though i think the 12 port rotor also has issues for sure
Your best bet is to send the motor into a motor shop to have it inspected/repaired. And depending on the issue with the rotor, you might also be able to send it in somewhere to have it looked at.
Greetings from Saint Paul, Nebraska!

Proud owner of an ACA Alertronic AL-4000, Alertronic AL-6000R, Penetrator-15, Cyclone 120, Type-1 Allertor 125, a Federal Model C, and a Klaxon Mono AH!

thebreadmister

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:41 pm

thank you.. i dont know why i didnt think of that to be honest haha.. thats probably a good idea.. will have to see if i can find somewhere but will also need somewhere that could help with the stators/rotors.. or at least both stators an the 12 port rotor

Chem_Boffin_6589

Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:19 pm

thebreadmister wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:41 pm
thank you.. i dont know why i didnt think of that to be honest haha.. thats probably a good idea.. will have to see if i can find somewhere but will also need somewhere that could help with the stators/rotors.. or at least both stators an the 12 port rotor
Any willing engineering place that does small scale milling and manufacture for people should be able to help with the castings. Motor shop will do the motor stuff without question.
Alfie Woolard

thebreadmister

Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:47 am

I agree completely for both things.. motor just needs testing but finding a place that’ll repair the stators/rotors or motor shaft doesn’t seem as easy.. or at least here anyway.. unless I’m looking in the wrong place that is.

Chem_Boffin_6589

Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:29 pm

thebreadmister wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:47 am
I agree completely for both things.. motor just needs testing but finding a place that’ll repair the stators/rotors or motor shaft doesn’t seem as easy.. or at least here anyway.. unless I’m looking in the wrong place that is.
The places that repair motors should also be able to do things with motor shafts. Most likely you'll be shafted by them when they had it back to you because its too big of a task. Look for small engineering firms around the country- I know there are a fair few, it just depends on who is willing to repair cracked castings and balance the rotors.
Alfie Woolard

thebreadmister

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:25 pm

that is quite true i imagine they should be able to. Ahh... quite possibly.. but i can still try to see if anyone will help me or such. Thats what i was thinking of going for.. smaller engineering companies/such and indeed there are a few around and thats quite true.. will have to see about that too. Also i wanted to say thank you very much.. im not sure when but al have a look around to see if i can go to a place about it

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”