Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: Brendan Williamson
Discord: Brendan W.#7026

Re: Thunderbolts in existence

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:39 am

chefiBG wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Hey, theres another Thunderbolt 1000T (now removed) at Virginia. It is only spottable by street view, and it has the classic Civil Defense sticker attached onto the blower. I can't really recall from when it was removed, it was removed around 2016 or 2017, I kind of mainly think 2017 since thats when I recall seeing the whole thing gone missing when I came back home from school.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.8646374 ... 312!8i6656

That's the URL for the street view.

There are a lot Thunderbolts in Virginia too, I will start to go hunting for them since I have too much free time for someone like me.

-----------------------------
Regards,
Bijay Gurung
I'm aware of that unit. It's a former WAWAS siren that was reportedly sold to a volunteer fire department somewhere after removal.
25, unfortunately not dead yet.
1950 Model A, 1940s Darley Champion
Registered Skywarn spotter as of 4/29/18

Bijay
YouTube Username: 5ijay

Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:26 pm

Discarded.
Last edited by Bijay on Fri May 28, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holler!
Bijay/chefiBG
Your unlocal PNW resident!

Email : [email protected]

flatlandsparky

Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:16 am

I visited Imperial Nebraska today and can confirm that the 1003 has been removed.

Someone22

Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:20 am

flatlandsparky wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:16 am
I visited Imperial Nebraska today and can confirm that the 1003 has been removed.
Thanks for letting us know!

coastalsyrolover

Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:57 pm

You’re doing privately owned ones now? I guess that makes sense considering it’s all thunderbolts in existence. The approximate location for mine is east Portland OR.
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

uncommonsense

Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:36 pm

coastalsyrolover wrote:
You’re doing privately owned ones now? I guess that makes sense considering it’s all thunderbolts in existence. The approximate location for mine is east Portland OR.
I hope no one is adding users’ addresses without consent...

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:08 am

uncommonsense wrote:
coastalsyrolover wrote:
As the owner and creator of the map, I can say for certain we do not add exact addresses unless the owner consents to it. Otherwise, we add approximate locations to protect the privacy of the owner, hence the message saying so in the description of privately owned units.

Josh R
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SWOhioSirens

Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:05 am

Brendan W wrote:
uncommonsense wrote:
coastalsyrolover wrote:
As the owner and creator of the map, I can say for certain we do not add exact addresses unless the owner consents to it. Otherwise, we add approximate locations to protect the privacy of the owner, hence the message saying so in the description of privately owned units.
Hey Brendan! On my privately owned Thunderbolt, the one on the map near Wilmington, Ohio, you can add the details that it was an ex-Centerville, Washington Township, Ohio siren, and according to the tag that is on the rotator box its serial number is T3702-D.

Also, the two Thunderbolt 1003s on the map at the Massie Township Fire Department in Harveysburg, Ohio are not ex-Centerville, Ohio units. Centerville only had 1000Ts (the two 1000Ts in Massie Township are from Centerville). These two units came from Lebanon, Ohio, where one 1003 has been abandoned in place. Someone posted a satellite picture of the same sirens at a City of Lebanon maintenance lot several years ago.

Also, the Thunderbolt 1000T on Middleboro Road and SR-132 near Clarksville, Ohio may not be an ex-Centerville, Ohio either. I'm honestly not sure where it's from, but it has many differences and few similarities to Centerville's former units. It's possible it's from Centerville, but based on the many differences (the way it's mounted, its wiring) I'm very unsure that it's from Centerville. Unless the company that re-installed it took it apart and mounted and wired it differently, I'm not sure we can confirm that one is ex-Centerville.

Just thought I'd pass this info along! Great job on the map by the way! It's very helpful!
Josh Reed
Moderator of The Siren Board
23, Ohio

Owner of a Federal Thunderbolt 1000BT, an AR Timer, and a gray 12 volt siren.

My YouTube Channel

एप्पल कंप्यूटर फैन
Discord: B&M AR-2000#3449

Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:52 am

वाह मुझे नहीं पता था कि अर्जेंटीना में वज्र थे

(Wow I didn't know there were thunderbolts in Argentina)

Brendan W
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:05 pm

Sifed1 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:05 am
Brendan W wrote:
uncommonsense wrote:

Hey Brendan! On my privately owned Thunderbolt, the one on the map near Wilmington, Ohio, you can add the details that it was an ex-Centerville, Washington Township, Ohio siren, and according to the tag that is on the rotator box its serial number is T3702-D.

Also, the two Thunderbolt 1003s on the map at the Massie Township Fire Department in Harveysburg, Ohio are not ex-Centerville, Ohio units. Centerville only had 1000Ts (the two 1000Ts in Massie Township are from Centerville). These two units came from Lebanon, Ohio, where one 1003 has been abandoned in place. Someone posted a satellite picture of the same sirens at a City of Lebanon maintenance lot several years ago.

Also, the Thunderbolt 1000T on Middleboro Road and SR-132 near Clarksville, Ohio may not be an ex-Centerville, Ohio either. I'm honestly not sure where it's from, but it has many differences and few similarities to Centerville's former units. It's possible it's from Centerville, but based on the many differences (the way it's mounted, its wiring) I'm very unsure that it's from Centerville. Unless the company that re-installed it took it apart and mounted and wired it differently, I'm not sure we can confirm that one is ex-Centerville.

Just thought I'd pass this info along! Great job on the map by the way! It's very helpful!
Thank you for the information! I added your unit's info to the map as well as added the serial number to my registry. You're looking at a born in year of 1976 roughly on your siren for what it is worth. I also updated the information for the units you mentioned above. I'm glad you enjoy the map and find it to be of great use to you!

Return to “Siren Maps”