The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:46 am 

YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187
Remingtoncountry wrote: *
It was a slip in distant memory recollection. No need to be a douche bag and tell me to get my facts straight. For that, you can kindly go (I jut typed a very naughty word here that I could get banned for!!!) yourself. If this comment gets me banned, so be it. I've been a part of this community for going on 15 years through 4 versions of this board and social media take over, and watched it go from a professional, mature atmosphere to a middle school esqu playground. Never have I seen it become so contentious and toxic as it has in the last 12 months. I was, at first, excited to see another historical buff on the forums, but you're just another twit kid with an arrogant attitude looking for an argument online. Have a good one, Pal.
Well said!
TNT1001 wrote: *
Fedelcode "Model 20" (?) & Federal Electric Type B in Massapequa, New York.

Appears to be circa 1950s.
That's new! Never knew they had any kind of Federal. Thought they always had the H.O.R.s. Pretty neat!

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:51 pm 

YouTube Username: Minnesnowta Tornado Sirens
Ive got this photo of the Fredrika Bremer Intermediate School thunderbolt in Minneapolis before the school was demolished & the thunderbolt was replaced

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
minneapolis3.png [ 411.35 KiB | Viewed 558 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:40 pm 

[ attachment ]
Screenshot_20220630-153408_Facebook.jpg [ 540.28 KiB | Viewed 498 times ]
A picture of one of the old Columbus Ohio Thunderbolts on top of Columbus South High School. Siren was removed in the mid 2000s and replaced by a 4004. I beleve this unit was also one of 9 initial jailbar 1000s.

Go Buckeyes!
Who dey, who dey, who dey think gonna beat dem Bengals?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:06 pm 

YouTube Username: VintageCollections
Discord: VintageCollections#3197
Vintagecollections wrote: *

Belleville MI, not a Denver siren. Possibly a CAM siren or Sterling siren. BelleVUE had Denver siren mounted on their water tower, however I have never been able to recover a photo.
Bump. Where did you get that Bellevue had a Denver?? You are thinking of Belleville. Bellevue has an Erick. Belleville had a Denver, but Bellevue never did. That sounds JUST like Belleville. Get your facts straight. Here is a quote from a OLD post here:

“The Denver siren in Belleville, Michigan, went to scrap when the water tower was taken down in 1991. This was a decision that was made by the city council, as the water tower was built in 1905 and was not structurally sound anymore. Nonetheless, it was supporting three large microwave dishes, antennas, and two large outdoor warning sirens until the very end.
Sadly, this list did not exist in 1991, or else I would have spread the word”

It was a slip in distant memory recollection. No need to be a douche bag and tell me to get my facts straight. For that, you can kindly go (I jut typed a very naughty word here that I could get banned for!!!) yourself. If this comment gets me banned, so be it. I've been a part of this community for going on 15 years through 4 versions of this board and social media take over, and watched it go from a professional, mature atmosphere to a middle school esqu playground. Never have I seen it become so contentious and toxic as it has in the last 12 months. I was, at first, excited to see another historical buff on the forums, but you're just another twit kid with an arrogant attitude looking for an argument online. Have a good one, Pal.

I hate how this community is coming to be just people fighting each other and making assumptions all the darn time. I could say some bad stuff, but I’m not going to. Also, since when am I a “Twit Kid”? Damn I hate assumptions like these, so I will go no farther. Also, I was not trying to sound nasty. I was just having a bad day. -Joseph

Proud Owner of an 8 Port GDC Type 7, 1965 FS&S Model 2, MARS Vehicular Siren, a Crusty Federal Enterprises Model A, Part of an Ex. Plymouth, MI Thunderbolt 1000B, & Over 400 Antique Fans!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:59 pm 

Vintagecollections wrote: *

I hate how this community is coming to be just people fighting each other and making assumptions all the darn time. I could say some bad stuff, but I’m not going to. Also, since when am I a “Twit Kid”? Damn I hate assumptions like these, so I will go no farther. Also, I was not trying to sound nasty. I was just having a bad day. -Joseph
I suppose we all have a bad day from time to time. Maybe I'm just getting old. I've been rather silent here over this account's life. This used to be an incredible place, vast knowledgeable, friendly and constructive discussion, we all learned from one another. None of us, besides a few of us, knew jack, so fledging research, as well as new information becoming available in online documents was all quickly shared and taken into consideration and typically discussed in-depth. Now, the "clique" as I call them, keep all of their research above everyone else's head, only sharing when there's incentive to do so, or someone to impress. The rest follow and blindly hail them as experts, as they're constantly shoving information out with zero hard evidence. It gets old, sours the community, and I've gotten rather impatient over the years.

It also seems these days everyone is just looking for someone to slip up so they can jump down their throat. I suppose that is the way I took your response. And combined with my above frustration with the community, took it out on you. For that I apologize. That isn't me, and certainly not how I'd prefer to conduct myself on these forums. I won't delete my comments or responses. I own my s***.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:14 am 

Facebook page Northeast Colorados Historic Photo Book posted this image from Haxtun Colorado dated 1950. A Darley STH-10 can be seen perched on the water tower. The tower has since been moved down the road to neighboring Fleming, and the siren has been relocated to the front of the light plant (Colorado Ave amd Bryan St). It is still in service and does daily time blasts, as well as sounds for fire calls/tornado warnings. Haxtun is currently looking into grants to phase out their two existing sirens (the other being a 7v8-H which replaced a Sterling M-10 20 years ago or so) in favor of four battery operated units. Enough rambling, enjoy!

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
FB_IMG_1657512037755.jpg [ 24.58 KiB | Viewed 343 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:41 am 

YouTube Username: Fowler Rail Productions
File comment: Fresno, 1973. This picture was taken at a city yard west of town.
[ attachment ]
3282D461-717A-4B52-BFA1-9190129E8E4D.jpeg [ 795.54 KiB | Viewed 274 times ]
File comment: Fresno, 1980. This siren is believed to be the one located at Westover Ave and Walker Way.
[ attachment ]
F1A3DD4A-3F71-41F2-A12D-066B0AF8441A.png [ 3.44 MiB | Viewed 274 times ]
File comment: Fresno, 1956. This SD-10 was located near the intersection of Dakota and First.
[ attachment ]
C1ED994E-D931-4670-82CB-91FE30596631.jpeg [ 550.59 KiB | Viewed 274 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:31 pm 

YouTube Username: SirenTube
Discord: SirenTube#7635
EOWS 812 and STH-10 in Omro, WI https://www.wisconsinhistory.org/WHPD-I ... 196400.jpg
https://www.wisconsinhistory.org/WHPD-I ... 196401.jpg
https://www.wisconsinhistory.org/WHPD-I ... 196404.jpg

I'm a guy who loves T-121s so much that I gave myself the nickname "T-121 man." Owner of an MS-490, MS-590, FS&S Model A, Sireno 7190 and Alertronic driver. I used to own 2 MS-190s and a flashlight/siren.