William

YouTube Username: CD Sirens NJ
Discord: Miner200

Sirens in West Milford NJ

Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:54 am

This is just an experimental siren map that I decided to make in my free time. I just chose this township because it was a good place to start with mapping. Please tell me if anything needs to be fixed or if there are any errors on the map whether that is location or information. I just want to see if I have what it takes to start mapping bigger places. Can anyone help me identify the mystery siren as well? Thank you!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Re: Sirens in West Milford NJ

Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:55 pm

Looks like a Model 5 with an altered housing.

William

Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:10 pm

I recently just discovered that the Model 5 that West Milford had or has are model 7s; sorry for the late correction. Upon closer inspection, I've also found that the Sterling M-10 is actually a Sterling M-5. Again sorry for the late correction.

The map has already been updated to the discoveries accordingly

StevenWolf977

Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:26 pm

The siren at West Milford Co 2 is a Sterling M-10, not an M-5. Fun fact, West Milford Co 3 used to test their siren every day at 6:30 PM. Not sure if the others tested at the same time as they did. The Model 2 in West Milford is removed as I can't seem to find it on street view. Also, the siren at the baseball field near Macopin's firehouse is a Sireno Type 5. It's not a Model 7A. Every model 5 that you have marked is a Model 7A. Overall, this is an amazing West Milford map that you made.

William

Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:45 am

StevenWolf977 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:26 pm
The siren at West Milford Co 2 is a Sterling M-10, not an M-5. Fun fact, West Milford Co 3 used to test their siren every day at 6:30 PM. Not sure if the others tested at the same time as they did. The Model 2 in West Milford is removed as I can't seem to find it on street view. Also, the siren at the baseball field near Macopin's firehouse is a Sireno Type 5. It's not a Model 7A. Every model 5 that you have marked is a Model 7A. Overall, this is an amazing West Milford map that you made.
The Federal Signal Model 2 is here on Google Earth street view.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.0422536 ... 384!8i8192

The siren near Bubbling Springs Park that is not a Sireno Type 5, in fact, it was not a Federal Signal Model 7 it was a Federal Signal Model 5-T. I'm still trying to find out whether it is a Sterling M-10 or an M-5. I have also linked some photos to model 2 on the map in West Milford. I have also reformatted it to include new information and possible theories for why it was installed.

StevenWolf977

Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:42 am

Wanted to give you some updates to make corrections to your West Milford map. The mystery siren down the road from Asphawa Fire Co 1 has been solved. It's a Federal Signal Model 7A that doesn't have an original housing. The controls look similar and the insides look like a 7. The bottom part of the housing also has me thinking it's a Model 7A. The siren at Bubbling Springs Park is a Sireno Type 5 and not a Model 5T. 5T's and 7T's are 9/12 port and they sound like SD-10's whereas Sireno's are 10 port. The Bubbling Springs Park siren looks nowhere close to a Model 5T. The Sterling at Fire Co 2 is an M-10 and not an M-5. It's a 16/16 port M-10. It is confirmed that the Model 2 in West Milford replaced the 7A near Fire Co 1 as the Model 2 is only 2 minutes away from Fire Co 1. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!

William

Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:59 am

StevenWolf977 wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:42 am
Wanted to give you some updates to make corrections to your West Milford map. The mystery siren down the road from Asphawa Fire Co 1 has been solved. It's a Federal Signal Model 7A that doesn't have an original housing. The controls look similar and the insides look like a 7. The bottom part of the housing also has me thinking it's a Model 7A. The siren at Bubbling Springs Park is a Sireno Type 5 and not a Model 5T. 5T's and 7T's are 9/12 port and they sound like SD-10's whereas Sireno's are 10 port. The Bubbling Springs Park siren looks nowhere close to a Model 5T. The Sterling at Fire Co 2 is an M-10 and not an M-5. It's a 16/16 port M-10. It is confirmed that the Model 2 in West Milford replaced the 7A near Fire Co 1 as the Model 2 is only 2 minutes away from Fire Co 1. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!
Although the mystery siren has been solved by me earlier than you (November 2022). I'm still going to consider it a mystery siren as I do not know definitely if it is a federal signal model 7. I highly doubt that the Bubbling Springs siren is a Sireno type 5. However, I am still investigating this myself (Please be patient). Please state your sources when you say that the model 2 replaced the mystery siren. Did you speak to anybody about this or is this your own theory?

StevenWolf977

Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:09 pm

I got my sources from Steel City Sirens and Trains formerly NJ Transit Sirens and Railfanning Productions about the West Milford Model 2 along with the mystery siren near Co 1. What do you think the mystery siren could be near Co 1 since you solved it before me?

William

Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:44 pm

StevenWolf977 wrote:
I got my sources from Steel City Sirens and Trains formerly NJ Transit Sirens and Railfanning Productions about the West Milford Model 2 along with the mystery siren near Co 1. What do you think the mystery siren could be near Co 1 since you solved it before me?
So a person is not really a source. Did he speak to anybody about this? Did you find some manuals. Or is he just making assumptions.

William

Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:52 pm

StevenWolf977 wrote:
I think it could be virtually any siren. It is extremely hard to tell. I am currently trying to get in contact with the fire department and trying to get a manual. Hopefully they still have it sitting in their files. Until then I am going to leave it as a mystery siren. As such because I still cannot confirm which the siren it is

Return to “Siren Maps”