Here are a few things that I noticed, as I used to be out there a year ago:
- Lidgerwood's siren is indeed a Sterling M-5
- Gwinner also has a Federal Model RX attached to Full Circle Ag at the corner of 1st Ave. & 1st St. Also of note the STH-10 they have is located at the lower right corner of the factory, right on the edge, and just above the "line" runs along the width of the building.
- Cogswell does not currently have a siren to my knowledge. They used to have a Model 2, however, when I visited in the summer of 2021 there was only a mount there.
- Gackle's Eclipse-8 does a noon whistle
- Jud's Eclipse-8 replaced a Model 2, which I actually got a year ago!
- Fredonia's Sterling Little Giant is actually a W.S. Darley "Little Giant" Champion (the smallest dual-head variant)
- Enderlin's 508-128 replaced an ASC T-121
- Milnor also has an Eclipse-8 located at the skate park between the swimming pool and Rt. 10
- Forman's Decot Engineering Works siren used to do daily whistles at noon, 6 PM, and 9 PM. However, it has been switched off due to motor problems. I have heard however the city values it, and the city council has yet to decide on its fate. It will either be refurbished or if it's too damaged, will be placed in the Sargent County Museum. Justin O is in communication with the town, so I'll keep you in the loop with what's happening.
- Rutland's Model 7 also does a noon whistle
- Galchutt's siren is actually a Federal Electric Type 3
- Verona's Darley 5 is only the shell. The core was most likely scrapped.
- Lamoure's Sterling is actually an M-5. It is disconnected, however.
- Fullerton's siren is a Federal Signal Model 2
- Mantador's Darley has since been replaced with an ASC T-121, located at the southeast corner of the fire station. The Darley still remains as for as I know.
- Wyndmere's T-121 replaced a Fedelcode Model 5, but still does daily whistles at noon 6 PM, and 9 PM
Also, when did Oakes' 5T's get replaced by 2001-130's? That's news to me, what a shame. That's all I got for now. I think I hit up everything I know.
Proud owner of a Model 2, 2 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, & a Sparton 35
When you fall up, just pick yourself down.
23, & stuck in the heartland