tunneltrain96

YouTube Username: tunneltrain 96

Richmond KY Whelen 2906 Test

Sat May 06, 2023 5:20 pm

I went back to Madison county today to film a 2906 before they're gone. I have no clue when that actually is, so I just filmed the 2904 and 2906 in two months back to back.

This is also the 2nd time I saw a T-128 installed next to a current siren. However, I passed by this siren many times, and it looks like the T-128 was only installed in the last month or two. The sirens did not test at the same time, and I doubt they ever will.

Anyway, there's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyXdifjXpWg
Siren guy from the Horse Capital

wx_pyzik
New User
YouTube Username: Aaron WX4TVS

Re: Richmond KY Whelen 2906 Test

Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:49 pm

I saw the video on Youtube and thought I would post in the forum here too.

Madison County EMA is quite literally in shambles. The Whelen system is quickly dying. They say they are working to fix sirens, yet the one by Kingston has been out of service for months and still is yet to be fixed. Sirens are barely audible anymore, honestly a waste of 90 Whelens.

The ASC system could be running, but yet they choose not to. It would be in their best interest, considering the network of Whelens they maintain are dying at such a rapid rate.

They failed to sound the sirens for a "considerable" tag severe warning last Sunday, which is completely unorthodox from their usual approach of warning for every severe thunderstorm warning issued. They only ever set the (barely!) audible sirens off whenever the "destructive" tag was issued, and 110 mph winds with baseball hail were already being tossed around in Richmond.

Return to “Videos and Media”