CactusOrAxel
New User
YouTube Username: DanishTrainPhotography

Re: Some mystery sirens in Israel and Greenland

Fri May 19, 2023 10:34 am

The mechanical sirens in Greenland are made by Carl Th. Malling A/S.
Company is now defunct, but many still remain.

SwiftySupra

YouTube Username: swiftybruh

Fri May 19, 2023 11:06 am

Sorry for the bump.
These are all by the company known as Carl Th. Malling, later Malling Kontrol and now DEIF A/S.
The siren in Greenland is also a Carl Th. Malling siren. I refer to them as Type A and Type B, as there are two different sirens with two different ports. I believe they're called something along the lines of V4DSL without being 100% sure. I hope to be getting a similar siren to these soon where I can verify all facts.

Hope this helps.

PS. DISA made the E37, E37D, BD8, LS8 and LS8D, (and a couple of other ones which I'm not totally sure on).

SamtheSirenMan(531)

Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:36 am

Thank you both for the info! This helps a lot.
Siren enthusiast of about three to four years, one of the few siren YouTubers of Oregon
Owner of a partially screwed 1969 STH-10 and a few other small sirens
Oregon State Siren Map V. 2
Email(best contact method): [email protected]

SwiftySupra

Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:30 am

Update.
The model of the Carl Th. Malling sirens previously referred to as “Type A” and “Type B” have now been verified. They’re called 243L and 243S.
L - Lille, translates to “small” in Danish
S - Stor, translates to “big” in Danish

243L are the ones most commonly found in Greenland and have a significantly smaller stator and rotor compared to the 243S, which has a larger stator and rotor.

An example of a 243S can be found by simply searching “Jonstruplejren” in the search bar of the forum.

As for the siren to which a picture has been linked previously, with a white stator, red rotor and no hat, it appears to be a 221 220, also by Carl Th. Malling. There are many different variations of this siren however, so I am not 100% certain.

Hope this helps.

SamtheSirenMan(531)

Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:23 am

SwiftySupra wrote:
Update.
The model of the Carl Th. Malling sirens previously referred to as “Type A” and “Type B” have now been verified. They’re called 243L and 243S.

243L are the ones most commonly found in Greenland and have a significantly smaller stator and rotor compared to the 243S, which has a larger stator and rotor.

An example of a 243S can be found by simply searching “Jonstruplejren” in the search bar of the forum.

As for the siren to which a picture has been linked previously, with a white stator, red rotor and no hat, it appears to be a 221 220, also by Carl Th. Malling. There are many different variations of this siren however, so I am not 100% certain.

Hope this helps.
It does, very much, thank you! I’ll add it to my map. Could you show me where you found this info? That would help me with identifying 221 220 sirens.
Siren enthusiast of about three to four years, one of the few siren YouTubers of Oregon
Owner of a partially screwed 1969 STH-10 and a few other small sirens
Oregon State Siren Map V. 2
Email(best contact method): [email protected]

SwiftySupra

Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:22 am

SamtheSirenMan(531) wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:23 am
SwiftySupra wrote:
Update.

Hope this helps.
It does, very much, thank you! I’ll add it to my map. Could you show me where you found this info? That would help me with identifying 221 220 sirens.
These are discoveries an amigo and I have made ourselves. Hit me up on IG, I’ll send some pictures, etc.

@sirenegutten

Return to “Mystery Sirens”