Eclipse DDS
YouTube Username: Civil Defence Fox

Probably not a siren, but just checking

Tue May 30, 2023 5:24 pm

I'm fairly sure that this thing isn't a siren, but I have heard that apparently some people believe that there is a siren in the area around Dixon's Chimney in Carlisle, and I have noticed this thing multiple times when driving past it and thought that it could be a siren? Looks more like pneumatic equipment of some kind, and even has an eye hook. I just wanted to post this on the off-chance that this IS a siren and someone else confirms it despite me suspecting it for ages, in which case I would be very annoyed at myself...

Anyway, someone please clarify what this thing is.

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.8916063 ... ?entry=ttu
A British siren enthusiast. Previously lived at the furthest point from any sirens before co-discovering one very close to where he is located. Also features a great discomfort referring to themselves in third-person.

Sentry88

Re: Probably not a siren, but just checking

Tue May 30, 2023 6:25 pm

Does not look like a siren to me. it does look like you could fit a siren in it, though.
Proud owner of nothing!
Hello, fellow siren enthusiasts. I am losing interest, but will be back on the board from time to time.

MrPerc
New User

Tue May 30, 2023 6:28 pm

Looks like a Sterling, but as Sentry88 said, it also does not look like a siren to me.
I'm new here.

Digisirran

Tue May 30, 2023 7:35 pm

Oh, looking back in April 2009: https://www.google.com/maps/@54.8916201 ... ?entry=ttu

Looked nothing more than a novelty prop for the sign for a motor rewinding company. I think they moved or just moved the display motor.
display_motor_smithandco.PNG

Eclipse DDS
YouTube Username: Civil Defence Fox

Wed May 31, 2023 2:20 pm

Digisirran wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:35 pm
Oh, looking back in April 2009: https://www.google.com/maps/@54.8916201 ... ?entry=ttu

Looked nothing more than a novelty prop for the sign for a motor rewinding company. I think they moved or just moved the display motor.

display_motor_smithandco.PNG
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I just didn’t want to be kicking myself if this turned out to be a siren but I had never said anything about it :D
A British siren enthusiast. Previously lived at the furthest point from any sirens before co-discovering one very close to where he is located. Also features a great discomfort referring to themselves in third-person.

Return to “Mystery Sirens”