traintraveler

Re: There is a Hurricane at Sirencon right now!!!

Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:44 pm

clarksburg_1000t wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:28 pm
Eclipse DDS wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:49 pm
How come there was a Hurricane at the event? Who owns it?
It might be Matt U's (videogamer's) hurricane, but I don't know either.
Matt doesn’t even own the Hurricane anymore. Parts of it are owned by several enthusiasts.
al66class59 wrote: From what I've read on Youtube comments and video descriptions, such as that linked below, ASC themselves showed up with it (and a Cyclone)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OfRf6_dc4M
Yes, I believe both sirens are owned by ASC. I heard that Sheboygan Warning Systems were the ones that brought them over.
High Hoods!
Lord knows I can't change
Lord, help me, I can't change
Lord, I can't change
Won't you fly high, free bird, yeah

clarksburg_1000t

Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:26 pm

sorry, I'm not really in the loop.
Proud owner of a Lion King LK-100 hand crank siren. I also can also brag about riding behind a "Climax" locomotive...almost 10 years later.
Greetings from Morgantown West Virginia, home of the longest and oldest PRT system in the world!

jerrylovessirens

Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:06 pm

clarksburg_1000t wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:28 pm
Eclipse DDS wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:49 pm
How come there was a Hurricane at the event? Who owns it?
It might be Matt U's (videogamer's) hurricane, but I don't know either.
Dale Moeller personally borrowed both the Cylcone and Hurricane to SWS for Sirencon.
Jerry

Owner of former Wisconsin Dells/Lyndon Station Decot Model 12 (10/15 port)

Owner of the world's only fully operational Mobil Directo BN52G

FSThunderboltfan1000
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: FSThunderboltfan1000

Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:15 am

Allow me to shed light on this subject. Since Josh (one of the SWS guys) started SirenCon and he runs the show he was looking for sponsorship. The SirenCon staff reached out of Federal Signal who told them to get in contact with the other Wisconsin siren company that shall not be named. As you can imagine we put the breaks on that and asked ASC what they would be willing to do for SirenCon since we work very closely with ASC. Dale said we can bring whatever we want and sound whatever we want as long as there was a waiver in place not holding ASC accountable should people lose their hearing or if a siren exploded. Josh made a waiver saying that SirenCon assumed all liability. Josh requested the Hurricane and I thought a Cyclone would also be cool. We loaded them up Friday and drove up there. ASC also sent product sheets as well as other give-a-way stuff. Per the ASC senior systems engineer that has worked there since the ACA era, the Hurricane was from 84th and Florist in Milwaukee. It was replaced with a T-128 in 1998 by the other Wisconsin siren company that shall not be named. They brought it back to ASC due to Dale wanted it for his siren museum. The other Milwaukee Hurricane is still up chugging away. The Cyclone we brought it most likely from Cedarburg it was determined to be a late model Cyclone due to the ID tag ending in 92.
Proud owner of rcm1, model 2,2T,Model A, Thunderbolt 1003, AF timer, FS SS1000, 500SHST
Wisconsin siren services
https://www.swssirens.com

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”