YouTube Username: Civil Defence Fox

Re: Greenville I-30 Hurricane is gone.

Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:53 am

Unit of Civil Defense wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:05 pm
Eclipse DDS wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:08 pm
RIP
*proceeds to play emotional trumpet song that I always forget the name of but is played on 11th November*
November 11th here in the states is Veterans Day....guessing its more than likely Taps
Yes! That’s the one!
A British siren enthusiast. Previously lived at the furthest point from any sirens before co-discovering one very close to where he is located. Also features a great discomfort referring to themselves in third-person.

0zunth

YouTube Username: Ozunth
Discord: eows

Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:36 pm

That’s devastating. I would have thought it would be fixed but, I guess it’s been there for too long. Not much hope for it anyway, we all knew it was going sometime.
Member of the Weatherwatch Association since 2021
If you need a siren synth, send me a PM!
Website - The Siren Archive: https://ozunth.my.canva.site
Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@Ozunth/videos

siren fan

Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:50 pm

0zunth wrote:
That’s devastating. I would have thought it would be fixed but, I guess it’s been there for too long. Not much hope for it anyway, we all knew it was going sometime.
Greenville doesn't use sirens anymore. They use Reverse 911. Sad fate for all of the sirens there, including another Hurricane.

SilverThunder710YT
YouTube Username: SilverThunder710

Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:31 pm

siren fan wrote:
0zunth wrote:
Greenville doesn't use sirens anymore. They use Reverse 911. Sad fate for all of the sirens there, including another Hurricane.
I used to drive by that Hurricane every time I went through there. I get that NWR and R911 and CodeRed and all that is sort of an upgrade, but the fact that the system was composed of so many rare sirens stings a little.
Siren geek from South Texas. Although I've loved sirens for years, I've only recently begun digging into the rich history of civil defense. I also proudly own at least thirty weather band radios.

Snowpix
YouTube Username: ArxCyberwolf
Discord: snowpix7911

Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:04 pm

SilverThunder710YT wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:31 pm
siren fan wrote:
I used to drive by that Hurricane every time I went through there. I get that NWR and R911 and CodeRed and all that is sort of an upgrade, but the fact that the system was composed of so many rare sirens stings a little.
It's really not an upgrade at all, it's a straight up downgrade. People don't always have phones, or their phones may not have the battery charged or are outside of signal range. This is especially the case with older folk that may not be adapted to using phones at all times. There NEEDS to be redundancy, and a way for people outside to be alerted at all times even if they don't have their phones on them. People's lives are at stake, costs of maintenance should not be a factor.
Just a wolf, siren enthusiast and railfan.
Owner of the Civil Defense Sirens Wiki, the best site for accurate siren information.
https://civil-defense-sirens.fandom.com ... irens_Wiki
Proud owner of an FS&S Model L and Sterling Type F!

clarksburg_1000t

Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:30 pm

A very sad farewell.
Proud owner of a Lion King LK-100 hand crank siren. I also can also brag about riding behind a "Climax" locomotive...almost 10 years later.
Greetings from Morgantown West Virginia, home of the longest and oldest PRT system in the world!

Supersonic508TX
New User
YouTube Username: Supersonic_Sirens

Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:57 pm

rip

NTXSrns1009

YouTube Username: Owen Sanders

Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:44 am

It’s apparently (from what I’ve heard from several people) at either the public works yard or the fire department, and going up for auction, hard to believe it though.

HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:45 pm

siren fan wrote:
0zunth wrote:
Not to mention the Hurricane and its other old-system sirens were disconnected long before Reverse911 and replaced with ATIs
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

siren fan

Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:27 pm

NTXSrns1009 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:44 am
It’s apparently (from what I’ve heard from several people) at either the public works yard or the fire department, and going up for auction, hard to believe it though.
Yeah I'll believe that when I see it :lol:

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”