Sentry88

Siren Mishap

Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:12 pm

Yet again, reporting another mishap from the FDL siren system. For the most part, today's test went smoothly, with the sirens sounding their usual three minutes. Before the test concluded, another T128 (Most likely the same one from my last post) seemed to have a sort of fail, as it started winding down too early, then came back to finish the test, but it sounded slightly worse than before it's mishap. I've heard nothing from the scanner so far. Any ideas about what happened?
Proud owner of nothing!
Hello, fellow siren enthusiasts. I am losing interest, but will be back on the board from time to time.

BBoi00
YouTube Username: Sirens and Stuff

Re: Siren Mishap

Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:46 am

A failing contactor would be my guess.
Happy and slightly confused owner of a STL-10, Whelen wps-2905, Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000, and a Federal Enterprises Model-2

SamtheSirenMan(531)

Re: Siren Mishap

Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:21 pm

The way you describe it makes it sound like the rectifier failed and the siren auto transferred to the batteries, which would run it at a lower RPM. Not sure though, as I don't know how ASC sirens handle that.
Siren enthusiast of about three to four years, one of the few siren YouTubers of Oregon
Owner of a partially screwed 1969 STH-10 and a few other small sirens
Oregon State Siren Map V. 2
Email(best contact method): [email protected]

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”