Blasty

Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:56 am

Those are some really nice photos! I also thought the solenoid had broken off until I read your response.

Fitting song, because at least two members here can tell you from experience that "Love Bites" in the siren world. They got a little too trusting with their sirens and ended up getting fingers chopped pretty bad! :shock:
Beware those who teach not how to think, but what to think.

FS T-Bolt

Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:01 am

thanks for the video!...i didnt really understand what the second control box was for on a 1003, but i think its cool that you can test the solenoids like that...

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:46 pm

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that solenoid bar broken in half. I see your comment that you removed it...how so, It's welded in place? The reason I ask is my T-bolt fell over from being top heavy and broke the solenoid bar in that same spot. I had to weld it back. It would be easier to block and crib the 1003 head :wink: . Heres a pic of my broken solenoid bar form a couple of months ago:

Neat idea on mounting that AF timer inside the RCM3! I also see an after market flasher. Could that be the reason its messing up? StationAlerts.net sells new aftermarket 1003 flashers if you need one, they are solid state. Great pictures though!!!

kagome122885

Re: Thunderbolt 1003 Detaild Picture/Video {Updated 9-20-07}

Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:54 am

Both videos are pretty good! What makes the Thunderbolt siren so good and tough are the guts. These things look well built, and when proper maintenance is done, these things last forever! Your job looks pretty awesome!
Federal Signal Thunderbolt Series, still the King of Air Raid Sirens!

AllSafe

Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:29 pm

Get some oak pallet wood and build a new blower box for it. Don't even bother painting it after you're done.
Ich spreche nicht Deutsch...doh!

Return to “Videos and Media”