kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: kx250racer

Moorpark T-Bolt Friday 9-28-07 recording

Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:23 pm

Here's a video I shot of my "private test" in Moorpark for Friday noontime, Sept 28, 2007. One of our members asked if I could fool with some different pitch settings on the chopper, but unfortunately 12 noon crept up on me because I was busy all morning, and I didn't get to do that this time.

I still don't have the timing set QUITE right, but it's closer. The ON time isn't long enough, which means that the OFF time (set by the blower delay timer) isn't right yet. The AR timer performed perfectly this time! Last time I poked the Alert button in stead of Attack by mistake :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezCyvZsA8hk

Charles
Yes, that's a real 500-lb Federal SD-10 I'm holding (braggart!)

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:58 pm

Thanks for the compliment!

I would like to have the rotator on during the test, but it would pass in two directions that I'm worried might cause problems. It would face right at the back of the house with big plate glass windows, and it would also aim right at the horse hospital at the other end of the ranch. So what I might do is make a separate video of the rotator in operation.

Charles

thunderbeam63

Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:36 pm

My god. How rich are you people?!?!?!?

Lucky....

AllSafe

Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:41 pm

The guy's an equine vet, so he's pretty well off.
Ich spreche nicht Deutsch...doh!

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:18 pm

Let me set things straight here... I'm not rich, not a vet, and in fact I think there's $60 in my checking account... I drive a bunch of '80s Toyota Diesels and I watch a 1981 TV. My fiance' is in a different income bracket than I am, and the ranch is hers... We keep money totally out of our relationship. That's why we have the respect for each other which has led to our soon-to-be marriage. For those on the old board, you'll remember that I lived in a mobile home park in Santa Clarita... I used to be an electronics tech (TV repair, then later worked in the test lab at a PC board manufacturer.)

The SoCal Equine Rehab is a physical therapy hospital for injured horses, and it operates on Kay's property. That, and the avocado orchard, are our work. So hopefully if we have a good year, it will pay the bills. But it's Kay's, not mine.

Charles

SoundOff
YouTube Username: yuandrew

Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:04 am

Great video, sorry you didn't get a chance to play with the different pitch settings. I though about putting it down two or three taps lower.

Since when did you get the AR timer unit ? I remember when I visited in spring, we set it off with the key switch.
"Calling Out To All"

kx250rider
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:50 pm

I got that from another board member about 2 months ago... It's in good shape... I wish it had variable speed for the ON-OFF cycles... I might be able to slow it by putting a different motor in it. I think it's a synchronous clock motor, so you can't change the speed by dropping the voltage.

I'll try the different taps, and maybe do a blowerless run in the meantime and see how it sounds..

Charles

Return to “Videos and Media”