3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

video Town of Vernon CT Station 441's siren test

Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:12 pm

This is the video I shot on Saturday of the 5 on Station 441. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xIpHUTivlg I was about 50-80 feet from the siren. You'll be able to hear the end of the test massage that was boradcast live over the WS 2008, going over my scanner. Sorry for the jitteriness. I'll remember to take my tripod next month. I also have an audio recording of the final test of the 3T22 mixing in with the 2 recorded from my backyard. I'll upload that later. In the meantime enjoy.

kswx29

Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:35 pm

Nice video. This Model 5 has a slower wind up then the one up the street from me and dosn't seem as high pithced. Can't wait for the audio!
Also, it appears they used Eric Green's (I believe that's his name) photo of the square horned sentry on their website. I wonder if they got his permission:
http://www.vernonprepared.com/ancemts.htm
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

3t22
YouTube Username: federal3t22

Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:19 pm

2t22boy wrote:Nice video. This Model 5 has a slower wind up then the one up the street from me and dosn't seem as high pithced. Can't wait for the audio!
Glad you liked the video. This is exactly how the one formerly on Portland CT Engine Co 1 sounded, except it sounded a 10 on 10 off cycled attack for about 2 minutes for all calls. Every other 5 with the exception of the fried 5 and Station 341's 5 (that one maybe a single phased 7) I've heard sounded the higher tone.
Also, it appears they used Eric Green's (I believe that's his name) photo of the square horned sentry on their website. I wonder if they got his permission:
http://www.vernonprepared.com/ancemts.htm
I mentioned that to the EM director when I first met him in April, I think he may have gotten permission. He's also got it printed out as a cover for his siren report book (he may want to change it to a WS 2000 now). I offered to send him my pic of the 3T22 seen on the siren archive when I first e-mailed him, but he wasn't interested at the time. He's going to post a link to my video on the site as well. And as of 6:00 this morning the 3T22 is still up (I drove past it on my way home from work to check)

SirenMadness

Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:11 pm

Great video!

The sound quality is awesome!
~ Peter Radanovic

Return to “Videos and Media”