kswx29

Little Rock, AR Modulator in Alert.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:56 pm

-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

SirenMadness

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:11 pm

Sarnia's two-working-cell Modulator sounds louder than that, even from a farther distance.

The video is great, though.
~ Peter Radanovic

thunderbolt1003kid

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:58 pm

geez that modulator sounds weird.

Thunderbolt 612

Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:50 am

All right! A video of a Modulator, with a major third interval, based off the 4/5 Thunderbolt 1000T.

holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:20 am

That is the best sounding Modulator I have heard so far. It sounds way better than the single tone models that are at the AFB I work at.

TornadoSirenFan

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:46 am

Great video! I just wish the wind up was so much more like the EOWS series. This sounds like a video game starting up. I love the wind down, much better than Whelens wind down.

jkvernon

Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:03 am

Here's a video from that same person of the Modulator being tested.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yQQqB-j1bFQ

I go to Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais (pronounced burr-bon-ay), IL and I'm on the school's public safety council. I talked to our campus's public safety director about what mass-notification system our school already has in place. Right now we have a system that sends texts, emails, phone calls, ect. and we rely on either the weather radio in the public safety office or a phone call from the Kankakee County sheriff's office.

We currently have a Federal TBolt 1003 on campus that is owned and run by the Boubonnais police. I suggested to our public safety director that we install some type of electronic siren on campus so that we can make announcements during emergencies and things. Seeing as how we have an all Federal system in our county, I suggested the Modulator, specifically an dual toned MOD6048. The campus along with the local police dept. would have control of that siren. I'm not a big fan of the Modulator series, I would rather have an iForce or a 2910, but Federal Signal and Braniff Communications do all of the systems in this county. I also suggested either getting basic Midland weather radios or even Federal Informer radios in all of the resident assistant's rooms and also pursuing becoming a StormReady campus according to the NWS.

So, the director really liked all of my ideas and he's actually going to do all of those things that I suggested. He's going to apply to get our campus to become StormReady, we're getting weather radios or Informers in the RAs rooms, and when the time comes to replace the 1003 on campus, we're getting a Modulator to replace it.

As a side note, Bourbonnais currently has a TBolt 1003, 2 TBeam RSH10s, a 2001SRNB, and an STH10. The rest of the county has almost all 2001s.

Return to “Videos and Media”