Adam Pollak
YouTube Username: CrazySirenBoy

Combined Tornado Posts

Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:48 am

Whelen Rules

applaud / smite

New postPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:26 pm Post subject: Tornado Warning Nashville Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Report Post to Admin Delete this post View IP address of poster
Tornado warning has been in effect for a while in Nashville, did get a brief clip of the sirens blowing there on a local news station. The ATI's may be crappy but they are certainly doing there job warning the residents of Nashville/ Davidson Co.
coyoteunknown

applaud / smite

New postPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:31 pm Post subject: Re: Tornado Warning Nashville Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Report Post to Admin Delete this post View IP address of poster
Whelen Rules wrote:
Tornado warning has been in effect for a while in Nashville, did get a brief clip of the sirens blowing there on a local news station. The ATI's may be crappy but they are certainly doing there job warning the residents of Nashville/ Davidson Co.

I was wondering about that. Be sure to post the clip here. Smile

Edit: Jim Cantore of The Weather Channel just stated a tornado is moving through the Nashville area and urged citizens to take cover before the commercial break. Not sure if it's spotted yet.

Whelen Rules

Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:21 am

The second line is beginning to move through Tennessee. I have a feeling that a lot more sirens will be blowing tonight across Tennesee.

On a sad note it has been reported there were 2 deaths in the Memphis area as the storms moved through.

I will keep updating as I get more information for the middle Tennessee area.
Tyler Lund

coyoteunknown

Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:25 am

Whelen Rules wrote:The second line is beginning to move through Tennessee. I have a feeling that a lot more sirens will be blowing tonight across Tennesee.

On a sad note it has been reported there were 2 deaths in the Memphis area as the storms moved through.

I will keep updating as I get more information for the middle Tennessee area.
*nods* Three deaths have been reported in Arkansas in Pope county. So far it's a lot fewer than it could have been since these are evening/night tornadoes.

Whelen Rules

Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:15 am

UPDATE: More sad news at least 9 deaths confirmed so far all over Tennessee. Also a bizzare natural gas explosion that is still burning uncontrollable near/inbetween Westmoreland and Hartsville.
Tyler Lund

scooterbugs25

Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:33 am

Memphis also has t-135 so it could be that as well, i think its sound is close to the allertor just a bit louder.

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:09 am

There were also tornados in Kentucky, and I believe there were some deaths here as well, but not in the Louisville area. Our sirens did sound, and we got some high wind and rain, but there was no tornado where I was. There's already a video from Memphis on YouTube, and I posted a link to it in the Audio/Video forum. You can hear that mystery siren in the video, along with a dual tone Thunderbolt. The mystery siren sounds like a lower pitched T-128, but when I first heard it, I thought it might have been a Whelen.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

scooterbugs25

Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:37 am

ver tum wrote:There were also tornados in Kentucky, and I believe there were some deaths here as well, but not in the Louisville area. Our sirens did sound, and we got some high wind and rain, but there was no tornado where I was. There's already a video from Memphis on YouTube, and I posted a link to it in the Audio/Video forum. You can hear that mystery siren in the video, along with a dual tone Thunderbolt. The mystery siren sounds like a lower pitched T-128, but when I first heard it, I thought it might have been a Whelen.
There are 3 dead. this was in powderly Ky. I have family and friends that live in Central City just a mile or so north of there. They have one siren its a whelen and it did sound for about 15 mins before the tornado hit.

The Muhlenberg County sheriff also was driving the streets warning people to take cover in that trailer park. It is a sad misfortune for the families that lost loved ones. I only wish that people will learn to take the warnings more serious.

Whelen Rules

Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:17 pm

The total number of deaths in Tennessee so far is 24 as of this morning. The storms came through the Tullahoma area at around 3:30am. There was some minor wind damage associated with the straight line winds.
Tyler Lund

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:26 pm

I always take the warnings seriously. When the storm has already passed, or if the warning is for some other part of the county, you'll probably find me outside recording the sirens. That's what I did last night when the worst of the line of storms had passed my area. While we were getting the high winds, we were under the stairs in our apartment building.

I new it was bad in Muhlenberg County, but I wasn't sure how many died. I wonder how strong that tornado was.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

MattDean1003

Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:00 pm

My ex girlfriend Amber lives in Alabama now, and she said that Cullman got tore up. Her grandparents house is almost destroyed and her aunt and uncles house is completely obliterated. This is some serious weather. It was overcast in Nicholson, GA where I live today, and today is test day. I didn't hear our Whelen going off so I assume they cancelled the test.
James M. Dean

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”