cyclonesthebest

Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:49 pm

ver tum wrote:
stator-potater wrote:the sirens not a model q. its shop made. and the other video is not a picture, its just really slow. im building a siren right now but i sure hope it doesnt turn out as high pitched as that one.

anyone got any ideas to how many ports is on that thing?
The higher pitched siren sounds like it probably has 16 ports.

On your home made siren, I would suggest that if you want a loud, but lower pitched sound, go with a curved roter, with between four and eight ports. An eight port siren with a curved roter produces a lower pitch at 3450 RPM's, and it can be very loud, depending on the size of the roter, and the type of horn you use.
well, im using a squirrel cage motor and i dont know how many rpms it is. i think its a 3 ton though.

edit: this is my other account. i will mostly be using this one.
Cyclones are awesome!

kanazo

Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:06 am

the fast wind-up almost sounds like hurricane, while the lower toned one has a distinctive metallic resonance sound to it.
Greater Vancouver, 0 active sirens...

SirenMadness

Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:18 am

I remember the lower-pitch siren having a housing similar to that of a Thunderbolt blower's housing. That thing could have sixteen ports, but since the rotor seems so small and looks to be spinning fast in the high-pitch siren, I think that there are maybe less than sixteen ports.
~ Peter Radanovic

sirenman1bd

Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:26 pm

Federal Signal 2001 wrote:This has been brought up before, but these sirens are apparently shop made or "home-made" sirens there is the big yellow one you see in the video and a low tone one on the building next to it. So these sirens have no model number or company like a "Federal Signal 2001" There are two videos of these sirens on youtube, the one you found is just a picture with the audio over it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPEA8W7_5so
ow.
There is a thunderbolt siren in my head, it is always going off...

Daniel

Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:09 am

I'd like to know what the low pitched siren is. Is it also shop-made? According to my math, it sounds like it has five ports.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Return to “Videos and Media”