hobbeekid

Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:47 am

Exactly Gil, That guy said that outdoor sirens should'nt be done away with all together,but for areas that don't have coverage, the noaa weather radio should be considered a viable alternative instead of a $20.000 super trick brand new outdoor siren.That same 20 grand could be better spent stocking up homes within the same coverage area that a siren would provide.Hell probably twice the coverage area.I dunno how much these radios cost,cause I don't live in a severe weather zone.But they gotta be alot cheaper than one of the garden variety sirens on the market today.
I'm I the only one thinking backwards on this? or so the rest of you say?!LOL! I think used outdoor sirens which are way cheaper should be utilized along with the weather radios for these poor alabama counties for a shorterm means until along term plan can be laid out.
Last edited by hobbeekid on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alasiren1977

Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:48 am

Gil wrote:Maybe my hearing is bad, but he never said that they should get rid of sirens entirely. he said that they should not be the only method of warning, and that weather radios should be promote. Never once did i hear him say that they should do away with sirens all together. Why don't you actually watch the videos you post.

And by the way Gil I do watch the videos I post and have read many of the articles because I live in this state where this is happening. Why dont you read the Video Title on You tube. I dont post stuff on here unless i know what im talking about!! THANKS

cyclonesthebest

Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:49 am

he should get slapped through you-tube.
Cyclones are awesome!

500 AT fan

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:48 pm

cyclonesthebest wrote:he should get slapped through you-tube.
YEAH! This guy doesn't understand that the OUTDOOR WARNING SIRENS are/were intended for OUTDOOR USE. That, and homes with thick walls, means that these sirens were For OUTDOOR USE in general. There'exceptions, obviously, BUT, these sirens weren't intended to be used the same way that the Emergency Alerting System(s) are used as.

Also, the "Weather Radios" are probably cheaply made and only last for a couple years. I'd rather spend that money building a siren, really. :twisted:

Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:28 pm

Alasiren1977 wrote:
Gil wrote:Maybe my hearing is bad, but he never said that they should get rid of sirens entirely. he said that they should not be the only method of warning, and that weather radios should be promote. Never once did i hear him say that they should do away with sirens all together. Why don't you actually watch the videos you post.

And by the way Gil I do watch the videos I post and have read many of the articles because I live in this state where this is happening. Why dont you read the Video Title on You tube. I dont post stuff on here unless i know what im talking about!! THANKS
Well apparently you do...

pyramid head

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:43 pm

I have never requested a lock, but could a Mod step in and kill this thing please?
Pyramid head walks into a bar... there are no survivors.

Justin

Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:30 pm

With pleasure.

Thread gagged until further notice.

Return to “Videos and Media”